Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Salix

First Post
Heckler said:
"Well said, Lucian."

"And Killian, I'm afraid whatever dispute there was must have been resolved without our ken, for we were let go without notice. The only thing that was interesting was a very clever grandmama."
"Given what happened, I like the idea of being self employed. Of course my coin pouch is light, so hopefully we'll find some revenue soon."

Dungannon

First Post
Salix said:
"Given what happened, I like the idea of being self employed. Of course my coin pouch is light, so hopefully we'll find some revenue soon."
ooc: Salix, is there a reason you made your text black? I can't see it on the default skin.

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
ooc: Salix, is there a reason you made your text black? I can't see it on the default skin.

I can't see it either. Please pick a color that can be seen clearly on the default black background!

Salix

First Post
OOC: I just picked a random color. Does this one work (I use the white background, it loads faster for some reason)?

OOC2: Patlin, there's still room for Richard Rawen right? He has been travelling with Lucien, Rinya, and Gardner.

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Introducing: Richard Rawen! *applause*

The sound of metal on metal along with a few grunts precedes a large human around the corner. As Richard comes into view he looks to be overloaded, his arms full of a saddle and tack, with a huge stuffed sack wedged between the saddle and his breastplate. A large steel shield strapped to his back sandwhichs a few javelins poking out of a quiver and his hips carry a bastardsword and heavy mace. Strapped about his body are half a dozen daggers. His metal bracers and vambraces catch the morning sunlight with flashes as he strides forward, apparently not encumbered by his load.

"Hey there, sorry I'm late, had to clean out my room and buy a horse!" The big fighter strides over to the stalls and counts under his breath, "Hi there Sally!" Holding out his hand, Richard coaxes the big grey mare over to him with a carrot. Patting the large horse as he checks her over, shoes, lines, teeth and eyes, he seems satisfied as he turns back to the saddle and addresses the group as he works.

"Names Richard Rawen for those I don't know. I'm used to long hours of guard duty and the occassionaly fight, but I'm pretty much looking forward to my first adventure with any challenge... " his voice drops a notch as he looks at his old companions, "preferrably none wearing stupid feathered hats." Richard gives a short laugh at his own statement and continues to saddle and strap his horse, he's obviously familiar with what he's doing.

"Almost ready, where're we goin?" Richard leads his mare over to a clean water trough and coaxes her to drink the fresh water before strapping his sword and javelins in place on her flanks. Fixing straps to hold the large bag on her rump, the swordsman looks over his knots and tests his bindings. He asks for help with his shield as he mounts, taking it back and looping it to the saddlehorn. A tall man on a large horse, Richard looks ready to ride!

OOC: Richard is a good natured young man who has seen his share of harsh times and come out looking for the bright side of things by choice. He can get grumpy, especially when hungry, but he's not real picky. He prefers sword and board though he has also had some tactical training by some very fierce warriors in his younger teens... his face bears a few scars, yet they look old and faded for someone so young. His character sheet is here and is awaiting approval for level 2.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan takes a great interest in Richard's weapons. Here's a man after his own heart. The two young warriors stand virtually the same high. As they others gather and discuss their plans, Rowan examines each of Richard's weapons, commenting on anything unusual or nice. He also helps Richard inspect his horse.

Rowan then leads his light warhorse out of the stable, and shows Richard all his weapons, which include a masterwork guisarme, a cold iron heavy flail, a mighty +3 masterwork long composite bow, a silvered dagger, a silvered flail, and a masterwork greatsword.

"You need these silvered weapons in my line of work. Lycanthropes can shrug off most damage from steel weapons. The cold iron is for other things, can't recall what offhand. But if it looks really nasty, then I plan to give my heavy flail a shot."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"I think North is our best option." says Rowan. "I want you guys to meet the grugach. They are very cool. Rinya, you need to see how capable your elven ancetry is. These guys are stealthy, exceptional archers, proud and strong. And the live in a dangerous area. It would be good to have friends there. I gave one of them my silvered battle axe when I was up there last, and we've got Rinya here, so they'd probably be friendly. Maybe we could help them against these odd land sharks, if there's any truth to that rumor."

Heckler

First Post
Manzanita said:
"I think North is our best option." says Rowan. "I want you guys to meet the grugach. They are very cool. Rinya, you need to see how capable your elven ancetry is. These guys are stealthy, exceptional archers, proud and strong. And the live in a dangerous area. It would be good to have friends there. I gave one of them my silvered battle axe when I was up there last, and we've got Rinya here, so they'd probably be friendly. Maybe we could help them against these odd land sharks, if there's any truth to that rumor."

"WHAT!?" Rinya shrieks, wheeling about on Rowan. "Don't lecture me about the grugach. I grew up among the grugach and I know more about them than you ever will. They are hateful, suspicious and judgemental. And having me present will NOT be a benefit. If we want to hunt a land shark, fine. But we should not go looking for the grugach. If they want to meet with us, they will find us."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Manzanita said:
Rowan takes a great interest in Richard's weapons. Here's a man after his own heart. The two young warriors stand virtually the same high. As they others gather and discuss their plans, Rowan examines each of Richard's weapons, commenting on anything unusual or nice. He also helps Richard inspect his horse.

Rowan then leads his light warhorse out of the stable, and shows Richard all his weapons, which include a masterwork guisarme, a cold iron heavy flail, a mighty +3 masterwork long composite bow, a silvered dagger, a silvered flail, and a masterwork greatsword.

Richard listens and is mildly amused as Rowan takes interest in his battered but serviceable weapons. Nothing he owns is above mediocre, (Except, he hopes, his new horse) and he is envious of this fighters' obviously high quality gear.

Manzanita said:
"You need these silvered weapons in my line of work. Lycanthropes can shrug off most damage from steel weapons. The cold iron is for other things, can't recall what offhand. But if it looks really nasty, then I plan to give my heavy flail a shot."

Richard nods appreciatively, he has listened carefully to the man's words. If he has truly slain werewolves and such, then he deserves respect.

Heckler said:
"WHAT!?" Rinya shrieks, wheeling about on Rowan. "Don't lecture me about the grugach. I grew up among the grugach and I know more about them than you ever will. They are hateful, suspicious and judgemental. And having me present will NOT be a benefit. If we want to hunt a land shark, fine. But we should not go looking for the grugach. If they want to meet with us, they will find us."

Richard watches the more experienced man for his reaction to the temper that he himself has started to grow used to.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases