Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Heckler

First Post
"Do remember we aren't positive this is where the knight went. He may have gone the other way on the road. And aren't we a little far from civilization for such a road? I'm curious what's at the other end.

I don't like the idea of someone going to the front door, nor do I like the idea of waiting around. Scouting seems like a good idea. In addition of looking for weaknesses, we may find some evidence telling us if this is where the undead are coming from or not. I'd be willing to do that."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Rowan approved for 5th. Thanks, Orsal.

IC: "Scout it out Lucien. I'll try to find us a place to keep our horses out of sight of the keep." says Rowan.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Are you all right? Those were tough little buggers," he says to Richard. "I hit that first one hard enough to drop a horse and it still kept coming. I guess that explains why we had so much trouble with the ogres".

OOC: Sorry for the AFK Richard is submitted for Level 3 Fighter. /OOC

"Indeed, I too struck several hard blows that the wee monsters seemed not to feel at'all..."

The young fighter cleans his blade carefully and checks over his gear for tears or damage.
Richard is happy to let the trackers do their thing, keeping a eye and ear open for trouble. He will grudgingly lend Sally (his mount) to Rinya if she needs her for tracking.

While sad to see his companions leave, he lifts up a silent prayer to whatever gods may be listening that he will see his friends and share tales of adventures someday soon.

When the group approaches the keep, he agrees to a single scout, his armor being to cumbersome and loud to be any use in stealth, let alone posing as a weary travelller.
Richard will stand watch while camp is struck, alternatingly standing to the edge of camp or walking a slow circuit around the perimiter, keeping a sharp lookout for intrusion of any kind, man or beast.
Listen 13, Spot 18 on watch

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
"Very well then. I shall return as quickly as I can." With that, Lucien checks that he gear is properly arranged and heads off into the surrounding brush to scout out the keep.

ooc: Relevant skills, Hide +4, Listen +9, Move Silently +7, Search +8, Spot +9. Lucien also has Knowledge: Geography +2 if that will be of any use.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Indeed, I too struck several hard blows that the wee monsters seemed not to feel at'all..."

"If you plan on fighting the undead, keep slashing blades for those with flesh remaining and bludgeoning clubs for those that are only bone. With other weapons, there is little point--this is why I only flanked and aided against them."

Lazlow

First Post
Dagobert finally takes his nose out of his journal long enough to ask if anyone needs any healing. He then helps the rest make camp.

OOC: Sorry for the short absence, folks, had a 3-day weekend there. Submitting Dagobert for 2nd level shortly.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"If you plan on fighting the undead, keep slashing blades for those with flesh remaining and bludgeoning clubs for those that are only bone. With other weapons, there is little point--this is why I only flanked and aided against them."

Richard ponders this new information, as well as the source... the slip of a woman is clad in fine mail and carries a heavy shield with relative ease yet is quick to claim no combat ability...
He tries to watch her, both wary of her stated mental powers and the simple ability of womenfolk to catch a man unawares.

Lazlow said:
Dagobert finally takes his nose out of his journal long enough to ask if anyone needs any healing.

Richard will take a moment to mention a fair bit of bruising and remaining weals from the earlier combat with the ogres.
"Tis not going to affect my fighting, yet it may make another hit easier to slow me down." Richard says, both embarrassed and fascinated by the healer... more specifically the healing itself.
He'll also take some time now that camp is struck to let someone else do a stand at watch while he rubs Sally down and gets her fed and properly taken care of for the night. Is there a water source nearby? If not he'll give most of his waterskin to the mare... offhandedly asking the priest if he can make a 'water miracle'...

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Lazlow said:
Dagobert finally takes his nose out of his journal long enough to ask if anyone needs any healing. He then helps the rest make camp.

"That knight gave me a nasty wound. If you've any of Russna's gifts to spare, I'd be most thankful."

Rinya will replace Richard on the watch.

ooc:approved level 3

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Lucien goes for a quick reconoiter.

Scouting out the keep, you find that the exterior walls have only a single gate, facing toward the roadway. It seems to be a fairly minor military outpost of some sort, and the guards on the wall appear to be human. There doesn't seem to be any sign of undead or other such unholy things.

The party has little trouble finding streams with presumably safe drinking water in the area.

Remove ads