Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If it starts leaving, no big deal--we can easily outpace it while it burrows, and even if it somehow eludes us, it will take it multiple days of rest to recover from my assaults fully, possibly even more from yours, I don't know."

Patlin

Explorer
Previously: Rowan hit the Bulette for 15 damage and remains at the ready with the main group.

Round 5
Rinya keeps her ear to the ground. It still sounds like the Bulette is getting further away.

Richard joins her, ear to ground.

The Bulette bursts to the surface 40' away from where it was last seen, between the main group and Lasair. It dashes toward Lasair with alarming speed, menacing the telepathic adventurer. (Double move action, now adjacent to Lasair.)

[Lasair is up. She is threatened, and has not readied an action as yet.]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I won't ask for details because I'm not that nosy, but I'm extremely curious how it managed to close 50 of the 90 feet via burrowing--you know that you can't perform a run while burrowing by the burrow description, right?
Creatures cannot charge or run while burrowing.
If it moved on the surface a significant distance towards her before going underground (not stated in the post where it went underground), then it could make it, but that probably would have been nice to know, since Lasair had a move action last round and would have moved back if I had known that. (EDIT: Nevermind, it burst out 40 feet from where it was last seen. That means 40 feet of burrowing) Let me know--it's perfectly viable for you to reply 'I know what I'm doing and you screwed up the numbers--quit bothering me', but I'm just making sure because I can't see how it happened.

Assuming I'm wrong, Lasair moves back 30 feet, drawing an AoO to prevent the whole full attack business next round, and afterwards when she is safely away, she Ego Whips again (big bucks, no Will save, or if he saves, roll a 4 on the d4!) )

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: These are zombie bullettes, aren't they? If I ever DM you, RA, I'm sticking to homebrew monsters. Meanwhile, Rowan will charge the bullette. Rowan can charge 60 feet and still attack (70 w/his reach weapon, I guess), so he ought to be able to get a swipe in. He'll use full power attack, b/c that's the kind of guy he is. He's still raging, and charging, so we've got (+5 str +2 charge +1 MW): +8 2d4+17 (+7 str +10 PA): to hit 21 dmg 23 - take that you lich - construct!

IC: Rowan charges in to save his friend. He puts all he's got into a mighty arc of his guisarme over his head. His blade smashes into the beast's armor, but will it be enough?

Rystil Arden

First Post
OOC: These are zombie bullettes, aren't they? If I ever DM you, RA, I'm sticking to homebrew monsters. Meanwhile, Rowan will charge the bullette. Rowan can charge 60 feet and still attack (70 w/his reach weapon, I guess), so he ought to be able to get a swipe in. He'll use full power attack, b/c that's the kind of guy he is. He's still raging, and charging, so we've got (+5 str +2 charge +1 MW): +8 2d4+17 (+7 str +10 PA): to hit 21 dmg 23 - take that you lich - construct!

(OOC: Nope, it's a live one or it'd be immune to Ego Whip, among other things. Not sure if Rowan can reach it in time (curse the Breastplate!). I'm still not sure how it moved so far, but assuming it moved adjacent to Lasair so that she couldn't just 5-foot back and manifest out of reach, it must have moved 85 feet total from its initial starting point. Depending on whether Rowan was on the side closer or farther from Lasair (no idea because we don't have a map), he may or may not be just baaaaarely in range.

As to knowing the monster--I'm not meaning to argue or rules lawyer; if Patlin says he's got it and he knows why the Bulette moved that far, I won't say a thing more. I'm just trying to help in case he actually made a mistake)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Burrow speed 10, 2 rounds (3 and 4) of double moving = 40 feet travelled. Am I missing something? Don't worry about questioning it, I'm pretty sure my first post says to point it out if I mess something up, and whether I'm right or wrong it's a fair question.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ohhhhhh, in that case you did it perfectly for the Bulette and just screwed up on initiative because you skipped Lasair's turn on Round 3! Notice how you stopped Round 3 on "Lasair is up next"? That's where her Vigour should have gone, but you accidentally skipped it. Then she could ready her action of Round 4, which lets her use it on Round 5 (this will be when it pops up, so before it moves 40 feet up to her, if it matters). She'll take a 5-foot step back and cast Ego Whip at that point--the 5-foot-step won't be enough to get her out of range of the Bulette's reach, since it has 10-foot reach, but it will keep her far enough that she can 5-foot-step again and be out of reach when she manifests on Round 6 just before the bulette's turn.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases