Limiting Dragonmark Heir effective class levels

GwydapLlew

First Post
Edit: I'm a doofus and didn't realize the 6 month period had not passed yet. Disregard proposal! :heh:

I propose that one of the following standards be adopted for Living Eberron regarding effective levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class.

A - Cap effective levels at 5 for all classes who increase the effective level of Dragonmark Heir for the purpose of determing caster levels of dragonmark powers.
B - Cap effective levels at 10 for all classes who increase the effective level of Dragonmark Heir for the purpose of determing caster levels of dragonmark powers.
C - Cap only classes whose class features indicate such a cap exists.

Reasoning: The prestige class Dragonmark Heir does not state that there is such a cap, and many prestige classes that have class features allowing them to stack do not explicitly state there there is a limit. Dragonmarked, however, indicates a maximum of five effective levels in Dragonmark Heir. Because of conflicting information, a standard should be established.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Casting powers only stack for Dragonmarks if they specificly state they stack with them.

What other classes out there increase the power of a dragonmark that a Dragonmarked Heir could take?

GwydapLlew

First Post
Bront said:
Casting powers only stack for Dragonmarks if they specificly state they stack with them.

What other classes out there increase the power of a dragonmark that a Dragonmarked Heir could take?

All the dragonmark Prestige Classes in Dragonmarked.

Windwright Captain in Explorer's Handbook.

I haven't come across any more yet, but I noticed the change in wording in Dragonmarked. I haven't finished looking through my other books yet. I realized after posting the proposal that Dragonmarked hadn't passed the 6 month mark yet, which is why I edited the above proposal. :eek:

Bront

The man with the probe
I haven't seen Dragonmarked yet.

Of note, the Dragonmarks are not particularly powerful on the curve for the most part, so I don't see needing to add limits to them, particularly because a class that revolves around an already underpowered schitch isn't likely to break anything.

But again, I need to see them before I start passing specific judgement.

Remove ads