The Saga Strikes Back

kroh

First Post
What kind of games are people planning on running once the Star Wars Saga Edition comes out?

Just curious,
Walt

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
The Star Wars Legacy series seems like it has all a fan could want from the SW universe.

No if only I knew a little bit more of the backstory, I could actually run one!

I think failing that, a Knights of the Old Republic-era game before/during the Mandalorian Wars would be pretty cool.

kroh

First Post
Right now Legacy and KotOR are definitely favorites. I know a lot is being talked about with the "Dark Time" but the Universe is a big place and those eras allow people a lot to play with.

Regards,
Walt

Tarek

Explorer
'Dark Times' is actually still in the Rise of the Empire era.

'Legacy of the Force' seems to be popular, mostly because there's a lot of 'open space' to play around in, and it's not very well defined.

Skyman

First Post
I'm working on a homebrew time period as well (after the movies but ignoring NJO and a lot of other EU stuff I don't like). I'll be stealing stuff from the Legacy era, but also trying to give more of an original movie feel.

possum

First Post
As for a new campaign, I might actually start that Tales of the Jedi campaign that's been on the backburner for about 1-2 years when Saga Edition comes out.

scourger

Explorer
If I run a game with it, I want to do an alternate version of the original trilogy. The PCs get to be the ones who go learn the ways of the Force, fight the Empire and maybe blow up the Death Stars. The changes I would probably make include Darth Vader is dead at Obi Wan's hands and the Skywalker twins are agents of the Emperor. The heroes will interact with other characters from the movies but will never be sure which side they are on. I think that's the cool story aspect. I'm thinking of Rebel Jedi as a campaign title.

The gameplay aspect has to be easier. If the Saga Edition doesn't do it, then perhaps Savage Worlds will. The PCs have to fly their own individual ships, too, because I think a flaw inherent to the genre is that one bad pilot can end an entire campaign if the one ship carrying all the PCs gets destroyed. So, they will probably each get an X-wing or something.

The mechanical aspect is that I have to use all my Rebel Storm minis. It's the only set I have, and I bought them until I had them all; which means I have a lot of minis to use for the game. That is a very visual element that is important to me.

kroh

First Post
Savage worlds is definately cool for this and the fans of both ahve put a great sourcebook up on the net.

Regards,
Walt

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases