What would you change into?

What would you chose to transform a Warlock into?

• Contruct: Via a Green Star Adept like PrC frome Complete Arcane

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Lich: Via a home brew PrC that takes some of the sting from it

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Outsider: Via something like the Feind Blooded PrC from Heroes of Horror

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Other: Plese state what (Does not have to be a PrC that transforms the Warlock

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • None at all! Stick with the calss til you reach 20!

Votes: 31 40.8%

• Poll closed .

Sigdel

First Post
For months now I have been mulling over what to change my Worlock into. So far I narrowed my choices down to:

Construct (via something like the green star adept from Complete arcane)
Lich (via a custom PrC that wouls take some of the sting from the lich's powers)
Outsider (via a modified version of the Fiend Blooded PrC from Heroes of Horror)

So those are my choices as it stands. Of course "none of the above" is also an option.
What do you people think?

EyeontheMountain

First Post
I don't think you give enough information for anyone to make an intelligent choice like level, campaign setting, current party make up, etc.

Personally I would go with the Green Star becasue it is not eveil, and much cooler than yet another lich or demon.

Sigdel

First Post
EyeontheMountain said:
I don't think you give enough information for anyone to make an intelligent choice like level, campaign setting, current party make up, etc.

Personally I would go with the Green Star becasue it is not eveil, and much cooler than yet another lich or demon.

Here is the info you requested;
Warlock lvl: 12
Party make up: CN Warlock (thats me), N Cleric, LG Paladin, and a LG Fighter/Rouge. Others come and go as it pleases them.
Campaign setting: It's the DM's home brew. But the jist of it is this: The campaign does not focus so much on good vs evil as it does law vs. chaos. Through their focus and use of "Law" the known world was able to pull themselves out of their holes and fight the chaotic demons that ran the joint. As a result they fear chaos more than they fear evil. The warloks power does not come from "demonic" sources. It stems from a fragment of a purely chaotic being called seven-hands (I call him dad) getting implated into an infant.
Uninteligent undead like zombies and skeletons are treaded like contructs, the owner is responsible for them. Inteligent undead like Liches are called Elders and are respected for their knowledge.

If you, or anyone else, would like to know more, please ask!

Nyeshet

First Post
I'm confused.

You have a Warlock character that qualifies for 3 PrCs and wish to know our opinion as to which one to choose - or a suggestion on another PrC which you may or may not qualify for?

Just how did you manage to qualify for Green Star Adept, Fiend blooded, and Lich - with a Warlock, none the less? :confused: :\

Also, wouldn't Fiend Blooded be redundant? You already gain Damage Reduction (due to fiend-like hide developing, I presume), fiendish resilience (Fast Healing a few minutes a day), energy resistance (due to developing fiendish nature), and other fiendish traits due to your warlock character's presumed ancestory.

Neither Green Star Adept nor the 4 level Lich class really do much for your progression in incantations, blast, etc, so I would suggest none of them.

If you do not care overmuch for the loss of incantations, etc, then I would consider suggesting the Lich, as its immunities, etc can stack well with the carefully chosen energy immunities, etc of your character. DR vs Bludgeoning and Magic and DR vs Cold Iron work independently, and Resistance 15 vs Cold can be matched with reisistance vs Fire and Acid, or Electricity and Sonic, or any two of the four prior, making for a nicely resistant character - not even including the resistances that come of being Undead (MAE, Death Effects, Crits, etc).

Still, I have not voted, as I am uncertain as to whether I understand your question entirely.

[Edit] Okay, with that information you provided . . .

I am fully against Green Star Adept (as you would be viewed as little better than an object, or at best a slave of whomever 'owned' the construct that is you).

Lich sounds much better, although I wonder how the Paladin would work with a CE Lich. (Unless your DM has majorly changed things, becoming a lich still requires an evil act.) Even without taking into account the evil aspect, I would think that in a world such as you described the Paladin would be sensing and smiting chaos instead of evil - as chaos is viewed worse than evil. Thus, how is it that you survive? Or have you used an incantation to keep your alignment hidden / altered?

And, again, I have to wonder just what you would gain of taking (a modified version of) Fiend Blooded?

Last edited:

Sigdel

First Post
Nyeshet said:
I'm confused.

You have a Warlock character that qualifies for 3 PrCs and wish to know our opinion as to which one to choose - or a suggestion on another PrC which you may or may not qualify for?

Just how did you manage to qualify for Green Star Adept, Fiend blooded, and Lich - with a Warlock, none the less? :confused: :\

Sorry about the confusion. Upon my DMs suggestion I am making my own PrC. Unfortunately I have this thing for those PrC's that change you into other things. And yes I do qualify to be a lich. Page 156 of Libris Mortis under the Lichfiend discription has the pre reqs of at least five at-will spell-like abilities, caster lvl 11 or higher, and the Craft Wonderus Item feat.

Sigdel

First Post
Nyeshet said:
[Edit] Okay, with that information you provided . . .

I am fully against Green Star Adept (as you would be viewed as little better than an object, or at best a slave of whomever 'owned' the construct that is you).

Lich sounds much better, although I wonder how the Paladin would work with a CE Lich. (Unless your DM has majorly changed things, becoming a lich still requires an evil act.) Even without taking into account the evil aspect, I would think that in a world such as you described the Paladin would be sensing and smiting chaos instead of evil - as chaos is viewed worse than evil. Thus, how is it that you survive? Or have you used an incantation to keep your alignment hidden / altered?

And, again, I have to wonder just what you would gain of taking (a modified version of) Fiend Blooded?

Good point on the smiting chaos thing. I will have to bring that up.
If I turned into the Green Star thingie I would still have all the rights I do now, but people would be even more unnearved by me.
Lich transformations dont turn you evil. Just snobbish. So I would be a Chaotic/Snob warlock :D

Nyeshet

First Post
Just a few questions on the setting:

What is your party's current object(s)? Are they against the fiends (in which case your turning fiend - or even lich - might cause infighting in the party)? Are they against another foe? If so, what is the nature of this foe?

What is the party dynamic? Do you all get along? Do you [the Warlock] have to constantly hide your Chaotic nature from the paladin (via incantations, etc)?

What are you looking for in a PrC? Do you mind losing incantations? Or would you prefer a PrC that allows some incantations (say slower progression, but still some)? What about the blast? What about the other Warlock specials? Do you want a PrC that alters later specials into something different than typical for a warlock (perhaps more incantations, less blast, or perhaps more specials, less blast and incantations, or perhaps normal blast and incantations, but altered specials, or something utterly different)?

Have you had trouble recently in regards to a type of save, making attacks hit, surviving damage, not having enough skill points, etc? The answer may help us determine what type of saves, BAB, skill points, etc you are looking for in your PrC.

Perhaps we can create a balanced PrC on this thread for you, one that meets your needs / wishes and will not overpower or underpower your character. As Craft (Balanced PrC) is not a class skill for all individuals, a little collective help is sometimes needed for that additional +2 Assist Other modifier.

Remove ads