[Competition] Vote for your favourite map!

Poll: Which map is the best?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

[Competition] Vote for your favourite map!

About a week ago, I launched a mapping competition for War of the Burning Sky in the Art Forum. A whole bunch of people entered, with some really superb maps. Now I have to pick a winner and two runners-up.

I can't choose! Help me, EN World, you're my only hope!

I decided to put this to the vote, American Idol style! Whoever gets the most votes wins the competition. So, if you have a spare moment (especially if you like pretty maps), please take a look at the entries, pick your favourite and vote it it!

The maps are all collected together on this page.

If you hover your mouse over a map, you'll see the username of the person who created it. In some instances, there are two similar maps side-by-side with the same username - in these cases, the two maps constitute one entry (a DM version and a Player version).

I'll leave the voting open for two days from the timestamp of this post. Good luck to the contestants - and, everyone else, enjoy the pretty maps! If you're a publisher looking for mapping work - these guys are all very good, and did that work in just a few days.
    Last edited by Piratecat; Tuesday, 6th February, 2007 at 02:41 PM.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ooohh - first Vote!

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Some really pretty maps, there. A difficult choice!

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

I can see why you are having a hard time deciding, Morrus - that's some excellent work from everyone who submitted!

When the contest is over (or even now, if that's okay), I'd love to hear from all the various artists about how they created their maps - process, inspiration etc.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Oi vey!

I'm in a quandry. As a DM I would want to have different maps for different reasons.

I want to have the maps by HALL to hang or project on a wall.

I want the map by PBartender as handout sized maps for me and the players the first time their PCs buy a map of the land.

I would want to give Kensanata's map to the players the very first session.

I think the map by JVisgaitis should be on the back cover of a print copy of the whole campaign.

I would put allynbard on the inside cover of a hard back copy of the campaign.

To difficult a descision. I'm an American, I need more options! *grin*

Seriously, I see why you need to put it up for a vote.

Respectfully,

Edward Kopp

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Seriously, I cannot decide what map is better, they're all pretty good... I'm still choosing...

As a sidenote: @Morrus, you may want to change the [Cometition] in the title

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tirian
    Seriously, I cannot decide what map is better, they're all pretty good... I'm still choosing...

As a sidenote: @Morrus, you may want to change the [Cometition] in the title
    I had a hard time between Hall and Tovokas. I liked Halls realism a bit more. Though Tovokas art fits into the setting just fine.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

I actually thought about entering this competition myself. Then the examples started rolling in. Needless to say, I didn't bother. I cannot believe the quality of some of these maps.

I've narrowed it down to five artists. Out of eleven, I think. It is going to be a long day.

To you all: Congratulations. You have amazing talent. I too would like to know some of the techniques you used to create your masterpieces.

-IG

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica
    I actually thought about entering this competition myself. Then the examples started rolling in. Needless to say, I didn't bother. I cannot believe the quality of some of these maps.

To you all: Congratulations. You have amazing talent. I too would like to know some of the techniques you used to create your masterpieces.
    Both things QFT:
    Planned entering as well... but ditched it.
    Would really like some insight into the map-creation... they're great (I'm down to three maps...)

COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Those are some nice maps!

Cheers, -- N

Quick Reply Quick Reply