Regarding more Item Cards

Flyspeck23

First Post
This isn't about a future product but the inevitable update to the Complete Item Cards (CIC). Here's your chance to tell us what you'd like to see, what you didn't like and want to see changed, and whether you found any errors for us to fix.

While it's true of all of our cards, it's more so for the CIC - updates will be free for all customers, and we will be adding stuff sooner or later. And with the CIC, the possibilities are nearly endless.

Future additions to the CIC might include:
* Form fields on the Magic Armor/Weapon Cards. (I seriously thought about adding these right away but didn't, for two reasons: first, I won't need them, and while that might sound awfully selfish, that's how I designed all the TOGC cards :p ; second, this would take a lot of time, and I'm honestly not sure if it would be worth delaying the release another two or three weeks over).
* Favorite Magic Armor/Weapon Cards - got a combination of special abilities you like and which you'd want to see on a card? Or just want more combinations with fewer fields to write into?
* Magic Armor/Weapons with nothing but empty fields for special abilities.
* "Real" scroll cards.

Your turn :)

Flyspeck23

First Post
More possibilities:

* Large versions of weapons/armor.
* A PDF with multiple versions of the most common magic items, like Rings of Protection. (But which items, and how many of each?)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Flyspeck23 said:
* A PDF with multiple versions of the most common magic items, like Rings of Protection. (But which items, and how many of each?)

Yeah, that's the rub - every game is different. You're in an unenviable position!

Quantity boxes only really work if one player has all the items of that type - otherwise you still need multiple cards.

The idea solution would be if the Adobe software actually late you put together your own custom card sheet by selecting the ones you want. But as far as I know, the technology isn't there yet. So the only way it could be done is "popular item" sheets - if an item counts as a popular item, it gets a sheet of its own with 9 copies on it. You can then print out one copy, two, three or whatever knowing that you're only printing out what you need.

What qualifies as a popular item? Goodness knows! Here's what my players have a lot of at 8th level:

- Dozens of potions of healing (mainly cure light, but quite a few cure serious, etc).

- At least everyone has a ring of protection, either +1 or +2.

- There are several cloaks of resistance flying around.

- Wands of Cure Light are regarded as a necessity by my party, and they outfit each character with one every tme they go near a shop.

Also, mundane equipment - there's a lot of that around, including non-magical weapons and armour. For example, in a single session which has, say 3 combats, they may gather together half a dozen longswords, a dozen or so armours of various types, etc. The numbers mount up pretty quickly.

Like I say, it's hard to call. Every game is different.

photon1966

First Post
I can not add any descriptions

Hi there. I think this is great but I am finding I can not put any of my own text in any of the blank spots. I have used the Reader and the Professional versions of Adobe but to no success. I asked our work IT fella and he was also stymied. Am I doing something incorrect? Is there a problem with mine?

As to what I would like added is more space to add our own text and less of the text provided by OGL. I really like being able to hand my party a bunch of cards when they pillage teh foes body finding not just a tent but a Bear skin tent coloured brown and tan, with willow wood supports. I like to make my magic items to be made of stuff appropriate in theme like gauntlets of dexterity wrapped in Ermine fur and leather. Just little stuff like that. It allows me to individualize the standard items. I have many items unique to my game as well that I have made cards for, this just adds to my ease of production by having all the standard ones handy. It is why I so enjoy the spell cards. I keep all the ones we use often in a simple page binder by my area during game. These item cards will provide the same benefit for my players and myself.

Thanks

Wystan

Explorer
What you are looking for is the following Update:
Up There said:
* Form fields on the Magic Armor/Weapon Cards. (I seriously thought about adding these right away but didn't, for two reasons: first, I won't need them, and while that might sound awfully selfish, that's how I designed all the TOGC cards ; second, this would take a lot of time, and I'm honestly not sure if it would be worth delaying the release another two or three weeks over).

Flyspeck23

First Post
photon1966 said:
Hi there. I think this is great but I am finding I can not put any of my own text in any of the blank spots. I have used the Reader and the Professional versions of Adobe but to no success. I asked our work IT fella and he was also stymied. Am I doing something incorrect? Is there a problem with mine?
What Wystan said. So no, there's nothing wrong with your copy.

I'll count that as one vote for form fields, right? ;)

Ah, who am I fooling - they'll be coming. But you might convince me to start working on it right away...

photon1966 said:
As to what I would like added is more space to add our own text and less of the text provided by OGL. I really like being able to hand my party a bunch of cards when they pillage teh foes body finding not just a tent but a Bear skin tent coloured brown and tan, with willow wood supports. I like to make my magic items to be made of stuff appropriate in theme like gauntlets of dexterity wrapped in Ermine fur and leather. Just little stuff like that. It allows me to individualize the standard items. I have many items unique to my game as well that I have made cards for, this just adds to my ease of production by having all the standard ones handy. It is why I so enjoy the spell cards. I keep all the ones we use often in a simple page binder by my area during game. These item cards will provide the same benefit for my players and myself.
First, there's a blank version of the cards available for free - if you're designing your items from the ground up, that'd be the thing you need. An updated version, incorporating all the changes I did in the final version of the CIC, is on its way.

Second, are you asking for "Magic Armor/Weapons with nothing but empty fields for special abilities"? Sure, that could be done too. In fact it's one of the things I'll probably do anyway.

photon1966

First Post
Thanks a Bunch

I found the Blank Cards you methioned and they will be a great addition to your cards. Now I can have both! Joy Joy. The form fields would be great to have but the product is pluses all the way. I have a printer that thankfulll double sides really well and a Laminator here at work, though I bring in my own laminating sheets but it makes things so much better. Plus I picked up some kewl colour paper last week and print your cards in colour will be a great addition.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

Flyspeck23

First Post
photon1966 said:
I found the Blank Cards you methioned and they will be a great addition to your cards. Now I can have both! Joy Joy. The form fields would be great to have but the product is pluses all the way. I have a printer that thankfulll double sides really well and a Laminator here at work, though I bring in my own laminating sheets but it makes things so much better. Plus I picked up some kewl colour paper last week and print your cards in colour will be a great addition.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

We aim to please :)

But I wonder why the duplex printer works for you (because many people reported printing issues when using a duplex printer - the back doesn't align properly to the back)... may I ask what kind of printer it is?

Ahni

First Post
I love the cards!

Would you please add Handy Haversack to the Wonderous Items? It seems to be missing.
(nevermind. Found that this has already been addressed in another thread)

How about a box for these like the Complete Spell Cards?

And please add me as another vote for form fields.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases