Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

pathfinderq1

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Redbeard nods at the woman, as he kneels over the bleeding man, struggling to find his pulse. "If I can save him, what you want to do with him? If he be dealing with some animals, I'd like to take to my master, Olephas, he be at the Granite Badger. Perhaps for savin 'is life he'll spill all he knows about 'is boss."

Johanna hadn't quite thought that far ahead- she just didn't want the fool to actually die. For the moment, she settled for a nod of her head, as she finished cleaning off her sword and slid it back into the sheath across her back. Then she had to find her hat, and the longspear she had been using as a walking stick...

Redbeard continued to poke at the man's wound, "Birka you say? I haven't seen that place in ages. Not since me and me pops were aboard 'is vessel. I'll tell ye what, if 'e don't pull through, lets go to tha Badger anyways, I owe you an ale." Redbeard was nervous at this proposition, he never had much luck with the ladies, especially pretty ones like this.

That bit of information brought her head up quickly enough- for just a moment she looked Redbeard over carefully, as if trying to determine if he were somehow making some kind of joke at her expense. She hadn't expected to find someone this far inland who knew of her home port as more than a name. He seemed genuine enough, though, and the offer of an ale was a welcome one- first those damend dusty roads, and then a fight... She smiled, and set her recovered hat back atop her head. "That sounds like a fine idea. An ale would be welcome. Now let's see what we can do with this man, one way or another, and be on our way."

Fenris

Adventurer
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
-Broderick-

Grerik grins as Broderick joins him in the pit. "Until you tie that braid, youngster, you are still a boy. A mere youth." The the grin gets wider. "Unless you can prove me false, eh?" Two hamlike fists raise, hands that Broderick knows from hard experience are as rocklike as his own.

"I'll knock the braid out of your beard. Now let's see if your fists wag as well as your tongue" retorts Broderick raising his own fists.

Bloodweaver1 said:
OOC: Yea - Yea :: I am working on it :p

Are those undead? How fascinating! I have never actually seen one before! Wait what magic school is that… Nitro… Night… Necromany! That’s it! Was I ever a Necromancier? That would have been such an enthralling career! So lost is he in his complete amazement of finally experiencing the undead that he almost forgets about the terrified women being drag away to what looks like her unending death. With an outstretched hand he quickly creates a ball of raw mental energy in the palm of his hand. With a simple flickering thought he turns the raw energy into blazing ray of fire aim directly at nearest undead. Do they always eat the living or can they eat other corpses? What if the being was just killed, can they that or is there some kind of time limit?

OOC: Energy Ray (Fire) with Overchannel (2PP): Ranged Touch (1d20+2) Damage (2d6+2)

The creature, whatever it is, makes no attempt to avoid the ray of flame, and it eats into dead flesh, adding another noxious odor to the alleyway. The scorched undead thing releases it's grip on the girl, and lurches towards the psion, in a lumbering motion that ends, thankfully, just short of being able to lay hands on him. The other beast drags her deeper into the shadowed alleyway.

Imerak said:
Larren hops off the end of the wagon, lurching forward. He'ss glad to be on firm ground, even if it does keep spinning. "Thanks for the ride. Good luck on your, uh, hay route." He shrugs and heads into the city.

Marvelling a bit at the scale of it all, Larren looks for a crowd, or something generally interesting.

-Larren and Nameless-

The crowd is easily found, and in fact quickly swallows up the cleric of Entropy. It is a beautiful example of chaos in action. The swirl of noise and movement is in itself quite interesting. But what is more interesting is the group of partiers that pulls the young man in, a mixed group of young men and women, out looking for some fun.

Quickly enough the young cleric finds a bottle of wine thrust into his hands, and gets a kiss from a slightly inebriated young lady. The sounds of a minstrel playing, and a scream, are followed by another yell. "Fire, fire!"

The small group of merrymakers, eager to see what the excitement is all about, surges towards the sound, and then stops in horror. The girl who just kissed Larren promptly faints dead away, at the sight of a smoking corpse lumbering towards a man holding a loaded crossbow.

There is another corpse dragging a young women into the shadows of a covered alleyway, and perhaps worse...two more shambling shapes come lumbering from the alley towards the crossbowman...and the merrymakers beyond, including one cleric of entropy.

-Redbeard and Johanna-

The man's bleeding was staunched by the druid's ministrations, though the wound itself would need time and care, or divine intervention, before being completely healed. Another rumbling laugh came from the bearish man, who ambled over to see what was going on. "Ah, he'll live. Probably means I'll have to keep paying the useless scut."

He looked at Johanna. "You aren't too bad with a sword, lass. When you've grown a bit more seasoned, come look up old Fiscus. We can do some business, I think." Then he looked at Redbeard. "If its their boss yer wanting, pigeon man, its me you've got to be looking to. What did ye want to know?"

Fenris said:
"I'll knock the braid out of your beard. Now let's see if your fists wag as well as your tongue" retorts Broderick raising his own fists.

The fight is on, Grerik proving marginally faster, a heavy fist burying itself in Broderick's beard before slamming into his jaw. (-5 subdual Broderick). But Broderick is barely staggered, sending his own fist hammering into the dwarf warrior's gut.

The pit is ringed with cheering dwarves, and gold is changing hands on bets, a favorite activity in the Badger.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

The fallen man seemed like he would survive. The wound over his stomach had stopped bleeding.

"If its their boss yer wanting, pigeon man, its me you've got to be looking to. What did ye want to know?"

Redbeard was hesitant, he didn't know what Fiscus's intentions were. What side of the balance did he favor? He certainly was tall and imposing, especially now that Redbeard was kneeling. "You said ye are a merchant, what is it ye sell?"

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nameless Psion

The creature, whatever it is, makes no attempt to avoid the ray of flame, and it eats into dead flesh, adding another noxious odor to the alleyway. The scorched undead thing releases it's grip on the girl, and lurches towards the psion, in a lumbering motion that ends, thankfully, just short of being able to lay hands on him. The other beast drags her deeper into the shadowed alleyway.
He takes a deep breath and fills his nostrils with the dreadful smell of the burning corpse. Moving his feet, he quickly gains some distance between himself and the approaching creature, all the while still remaining within range of the screaming female. Wow! What a horrendous odor! I seriously do not think I could have been a Necromancer. Who on earth could stand that smell! With the same out stretched hand, he gathers another ball of raw energy and aims it at the closing undead creature. She really has to stop screaming. I mean, how can I concentrate with her abusive vocals playing havoc on my ears! Some people.

OOC: Energy Ray (Fire) with Overchannel (2PP): Ranged Touch (1d20+2) Damage (2d6+2)

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1 said:
He takes a deep breath and fills his nostrils with the dreadful smell of the burning corpse. Wow! What a horrendous odor! I seriously do not think I could have been a Necromancer. Who on earth could stand that smell! With the same out stretched hand, he gathers another ball of raw energy and aims it at the remaining undead creature. She really has to stop screaming. I mean, how can I concentrate with her abusive vocals playing havoc on my ears! Some people.

ooc: I wasn't very clear, but the first undead thingie isn't down, it just didn't move fast enough to actually reach our nameless yet heroic psion in its first advance.

pathfinderq1

First Post
-Redbeard and Johanna-

He looked at Johanna. "You aren't too bad with a sword, lass. When you've grown a bit more seasoned, come look up old Fiscus. We can do some business, I think." Then he looked at Redbeard. "If its their boss yer wanting, pigeon man, its me you've got to be looking to. What did ye want to know?"

If this was how he treated his employees, Johanna didn't have any plan on taking him up on his offer- but there was no profit to be gained by calling him out over the matter. "I'll remember that," was the only response she gave aloud. Then she stepped back while Redbeard attended to the rest of his business here.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases