Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

Imerak

First Post
Larren revels in the crowd, enjoying the chaos and the humanity of the atmosphere. He smiles at the young woman who gives him the wine and kiss. "Why thank you. May I ask--"

He stops in his tracks as he sees the corpses before. Gently setting the girl down, he runs forward. Great. Not five minutes in the city and I run into trouble. Well, I guess that's life. Not likely to be anyone else around who can take care of these things.

Holding out his holy symbol, Larren chants "Machines made flesh, return to your graves! By entropy, I command you!" Larren focuses his energy into the attempted turning, targeting the undead threatening the girl, and then the one approaching the crossbow-wielder, before the others.

Fenris

Adventurer
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
The fight is on, Grerik proving marginally faster, a heavy fist burying itself in Broderick's beard before slamming into his jaw. (-5 subdual Broderick). But Broderick is barely staggered, sending his own fist hammering into the dwarf warrior's gut.

The pit is ringed with cheering dwarves, and gold is changing hands on bets, a favorite activity in the Badger.

"Ye'll need to bettern that Grerik. I didn't serve on the anvil all those years for nothin" retorts Broderick. Broderick will attempt to hit Grerik with an upper cut this time.

[sblock=OOC] Power Attack of 1! [/sblock]

-Johanna and Redbeard-

If this was how he treated his employees, Johanna didn't have any plan on taking him up on his offer- but there was no profit to be gained by calling him out over the matter. "I'll remember that," was the only response she gave aloud. Then she stepped back while Redbeard attended to the rest of his business here.

Her reply brought a faint smile to the merchant's blunt features, and he nodded.

EvolutionKB said:
The fallen man seemed like he would survive. The wound over his stomach had stopped bleeding.

Redbeard was hesitant, he didn't know what Fiscus's intentions were. What side of the balance did he favor? He certainly was tall and imposing, especially now that Redbeard was kneeling. "You said ye are a merchant, what is it ye sell?"

Fiscus looks at Redbeard, and then then shrugs. "This week I'm selling beasts, both common and exotic, trapped in the Wood of Elessed by the woodsmen there. There is quite a market for a giant spider or a brace of pumas amongst the nobility. At other times, I sell other things."

He shook his head then. "Leave this one to me. I'll see he's patched up."

Last edited:

-Larren and the Nameless Psion-

Apparently the stench of burnt dead flesh had more effect on the psion then he realized, as his ray of flame flashes past the lumbering undead creature, before splashing a burning spot on the wall of the alley.

(OOC: Attack 7 miss)

Before the thing's grasping hands can get a grip on the psion's throat, however, Larren's voice rings out over the alley, the power of entropy rushing forth, like a wild wind. All four of the horrid things turn, shambling away into the shadowed alley. The girl they'd been dragging falls to her knees, swaying, eyes still wide in fear.

(OOC: Turn check 16 (3HD max) Turn Damage 9HD)

Fenris said:
"Ye'll need to bettern that Grerik. I didn't serve on the anvil all those years for nothin" retorts Broderick. Broderick will attempt to hit Grerik with an upper cut this time.

[sblock=OOC] Power Attack of 1! [/sblock]

Another hard fist slams into Broderick's chin, rocking his head back. (-5 subdual) Grerik grins, seeing the younger dwarf stagger, and gets ready to step in to finish him.

Sadly, he steps right into the rising fist of the Broderick. The Thane's man goes cross-eyed, before collapsing to the ground.

(ooc: attack 19, subdual 7)

The dwarves cheer, a deep, rumbling yell that can be heard for blocks. It isn't often that a dwarf comes to manhood, and they intend to make the most of it.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Fiscus looks at Redbeard, and then then shrugs. "This week I'm selling beasts, both common and exotic, trapped in the Wood of Elessed by the woodsmen there. There is quite a market for a giant spider or a brace of pumas amongst the nobility. At other times, I sell other things."

At this point, Redbeard, who has the fallen man's head slightly off the ground, examining it for any lumps, lets it unceremoniusly fall the few inches to the cobblestones, with a barely audible thud. "He's all yours." I'll definately 'ave to talk to the master about this man. Wonder who 'e was 'ere ta meet anyway?

When Redbeard stands, he looks at Johanna, and gives a yellowed grin, "Ready for that ale missy?"

Bloodweaver1

First Post
The irritation of missing his target quickly fades as he witnesses the divine power of wash right past him and slam into the undead. He stands motionless for a few seconds as he attempts comprehend what just happened. Was that some kind of positive energy wave? How did he do that? He must be some kind of clerical agent of some good aligned deity. I wonder which one, there are so many. I wonder how often he can do that…

Finally noticing that the female is no longer being drag away, he quickly goes and helps her away from the shambling corpses. “Ms. are you ok? Is anything broken? You know to be honest; you might want to take vocal lessons. Your screaming is murder on the ears.

pathfinderq1

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
When Redbeard stands, he looks at Johanna, and gives a yellowed grin, "Ready for that ale missy?"

"The ale I'm ready for- but save 'Missy' for the tavern girls. Johanna will do, until I earn something more impressive." While there was a bit of a growl in her voice, her smile revealed that she intended no malice with the remark. As she began to make her way towards the tavern, Johanna took another wary look upwards towards Redbeard's avian companion. "That is quite a bird you have- it doesn't seem like the kind of pet I would have expected in a crowded place like this..."

Imerak

First Post
Larren smiles, pleased with himself. What do you know, that was useful after all. And I thought I'd never run into zombies. He walks over to offer the fallen girl a hand. "Are you alright, miss?" He turns to the man beside him. "So what exactly happened here?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
"The ale I'm ready for- but save 'Missy' for the tavern girls. Johanna will do, until I earn something more impressive." While there was a bit of a growl in her voice, her smile revealed that she intended no malice with the remark. As she began to make her way towards the tavern, Johanna took another wary look upwards towards Redbeard's avian companion. "That is quite a bird you have- it doesn't seem like the kind of pet I would have expected in a crowded place like this...

"Johanna it is then." Impressive hmmm? I wonder what else she could show me. "Polly here came with me from the north. She is not really a pet at all, I don't be keepen 'er on a chain like our friend's wolf. We're friends." Polly bobs her head at this. "I be gettin hungry too, all that fightin did me in good."

Redbeard walks toward a man that seems to be selling small wooden carvings. "Which way to tha Granite Badger sir?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases