Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
We will soon be wrapping up Industrygothica's "The Hive" and will be ready to level up and move on.

I am looking for 2-4 characters to join those already involved in continuing this adventure. I am currently working on something original rather than a published adventure. It will be based loosely on one of the plotlines originating in The Hive, but knowledge of that adventure is not required.

Characters will start out in Irongate, from the Greyhawk Campaign Setting. Knowledge of the setting is not required.

I will leave recruiting open until The Hive is closer to completion, which could be close to a month, give or take.

The party at this point consists of the following characters:

Courage Bloodstone, Ranger/Paladin - played by Kobold Stew
Tanith Dathuis, Wizard - played by Mista Collins
Shaimon Hu'u, Barbarian/Druid - played by jkason
Jonas Cleighton, Cleric of Olidammara - played by DrZombie

Of course, that is subject to change giving the outcome of the current story, and any of these players may opt to create a new character should the situation arise.

Blarkon Dragonslayer: Maegras, half-orc monk
Friadoc: Friadoc, halfling monk/rogue
airwalkrr: Jayden, half-elf bard
Jemal: Rokelsh, Human Barbarian/Fighter/Ranger
Scotley: Rogash Ungart, Rogue/Fighter

Creation Guidelines:
Characters are 6th level
Core/SRD only
Psionics are not allowed
28 point buy
Max HD at first level, 1/2 HD at even levels, 1/2+1 HD at odd levels
Starting gold is 13,000 gp
No single magic item over 4,300 gp (1/3 starting gold)
Remember that coins weigh 1lb per 50 coins
Intriguing backgrounds will help, especially if it is something that I can build on later.

House Rules:
Do not track experience points.
PC's will level up when it is appropriate for the story.
Item creation is as written, with the exception of spending experience points.

Posting Guidelines:
Minimum of three posts a week, preferably more.
DM updates every other day, barring real life interferrence (more if possible).
Chose a color unique to your character for dialogue. This color will also be used for map references to identify your PC.
Literacy is preferred. I don't expect everyone to be a grammar expert, but I'd like at least most of your posts to be coherent.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
As an amendment to the above post, full characters need not be submitted immediately. Right now I'd just like to hear your concepts and some of your backstory. I'll let you know afterwards if you need a full character sheet.

Unless you just want to do the whole thing, that is. Up to you.

-IG

gavagai

First Post
I'd like a go! I love Greyhawk, but I never get to play there (FR fanboys, Grrr!). Looking at the party roster, I would prefer to play a Bard. I have a character concept in mind, but I'll check out the roleplaying thread first to see what you've been up to / what style you're all playing (or is there some kind of concise summary somewhere?). Will post later.

Scotley

Hero
I'll give this one a shot. It looks like you could use a Rogue, maybe a rogue/fighter type. I'll whip something up this week and get it submitted. I can post 3x a week plus.

I'll take the donuts.

Also, I'd be interested in playing a monk, either a human or half-orc. As a human, it'd be neat to be a monk trained by the Scarlet Brotherhood, who has found himself at odds with their agenda and methods, and has left the Brotherhood, seeking his own path.

As a half orc, maybe a young man who basically grew up as an outcast in Irongate, due to his ancestry, who was trained by a monk, possibly one with the background above.

gavagai

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
I'll take the donuts.

Yep, I think the donuts really made this thing attractive for all of us! 3 potential players after a simple donut bribe. guess I'll use that trick for my offline games. yay!

Took a short look on the character thread - I guess the dwarven bard is no longer active?

My character would be the ever cheerful optimist and stalwart follower of Trithereon. Raised in Sunndi, his campfire tales speak of the long and heroic battles of his people against the evil of the Great Kingdom (Of course, the good guys always win in the tales). He was always fascinated by the stories of the great heroes of the days of his fathers - when daunting adventurers braved the evil temple in hommlet, or fought the giants of the Crystalmist mountains (and, it is said, evil fiends that live in the very bowels of the earth!). This is the spirit that the people of the Iron League need to follow the path of the Summoner and protect their freedom and independence!

industrygothica

Adventurer
gavagai said:
Took a short look on the character thread - I guess the dwarven bard is no longer active?

My character would be the ever cheerful optimist and stalwart follower of Trithereon. Raised in Sunndi, his campfire tales speak of the long and heroic battles of his people against the evil of the Great Kingdom (Of course, the good guys always win in the tales). He was always fascinated by the stories of the great heroes of the days of his fathers - when daunting adventurers braved the evil temple in hommlet, or fought the giants of the Crystalmist mountains (and, it is said, evil fiends that live in the very bowels of the earth!). This is the spirit that the people of the Iron League need to follow the path of the Summoner and protect their freedom and independence!

Sounds ok to me. I had to do a little research on Trithereon, as I'd never heard of him. I just happen have a copy of Complete Divine, however, and that'll be fine. As far as Greyhawk proper goes, don't expect to get too caught up in the details of the setting, as I'm not especially concerned with history or the political structure, but more that I have a map and something to use as a point of reference. ;)

Scotley said:
I'll give this one a shot. It looks like you could use a Rogue, maybe a rogue/fighter type. I'll whip something up this week and get it submitted. I can post 3x a week plus.

Definitely. Seems our original rogue/fighter type met a rather unfortunate end before we ever really got started.

Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
Also, I'd be interested in playing a monk, either a human or half-orc. As a human, it'd be neat to be a monk trained by the Scarlet Brotherhood, who has found himself at odds with their agenda and methods, and has left the Brotherhood, seeking his own path.

As a half orc, maybe a young man who basically grew up as an outcast in Irongate, due to his ancestry, who was trained by a monk, possibly one with the background above.

As I stated above, I'm not going to delve into the political aspects of the campaign setting, so while either concept would be fine, I think the latter would work better mainly because, while I don't know a lot about the Scarlet Brotherhood, I can't imagine they'd let someone go without some kind of repercussion. I'm not picky though, so whichever you decide is fine with me.

Mista Collins said:
Donuts? you never offered those for the original players. Looks like you are playing favorites already
Indeed. I'll have to see if I can make it up to you somehow. :] Seems that maybe if I'd posted the original message during the day when everyone was on it might have worked better for me, instead of at 4 in the morning so the thread could be pushed slowly down the list before anyonehad a chance to notice it. But hey, it's all a learning process, eh?

Scotley

Hero
Okay, I've got a bit of a strange concept for a Rogue type. A dwarf native to the Irongate area who served in the military. Being unusually agile for a dwarf he was asked to join a special infiltration unit that learned to bypass locks and traps as well as kick ass. Rogue4/Fighter2. He uses a Dwarven waraxe and wears a mithral breastplate and mithral heavy shield. He's got the skills to handle scouting, locks and traps but he's not too quiet and sorely lacking in social skills. I'll get a draft up and see about fleshing out a background you can use. I'm only familiar with Irongate in the most general terms so suggestions are welcome.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases