Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

gavagai

First Post
industrygothica said:
Sounds ok to me. I had to do a little research on Trithereon, as I'd never heard of him. I just happen have a copy of Complete Divine, however, and that'll be fine. As far as Greyhawk proper goes, don't expect to get too caught up in the details of the setting, as I'm not especially concerned with history or the political structure, but more that I have a map and something to use as a point of reference. ;)

Ah, dont get me wrong, its been years since I looked into the books. I'll be ok when I can share a tale of a heroic fight for freedom against oppression once in a while; no need to develop the line of succession of the highpriests of so-and-so for the last 4 centuries... I'll just take the map as a map.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Scotley said:
Okay, I've got a bit of a strange concept for a Rogue type. A dwarf native to the Irongate area who served in the military. Being unusually agile for a dwarf he was asked to join a special infiltration unit that learned to bypass locks and traps as well as kick ass. Rogue4/Fighter2. He uses a Dwarven waraxe and wears a mithral breastplate and mithral heavy shield. He's got the skills to handle scouting, locks and traps but he's not too quiet and sorely lacking in social skills. I'll get a draft up and see about fleshing out a background you can use. I'm only familiar with Irongate in the most general terms so suggestions are welcome.

Sounds like an interesting concept. The party has already run across some of the dwarven settlements in the Iron Hills, and have learned a bit of history concerning them as well. If you haven't read that part of the thread yet, you should; you might find something in there useful for a backstory.

Friadoc and airwalkrr, you are both welcome to submit characters. There is currently no deadline, but I will let you all know when there is. I will not choose on a first-come-first-serve bases, but rather on the quality of the submission, how well the character will fit in with the rest of the party, and posting frequency.

I wouldn't mind if those interested hung around in this thread for a while and got to know each other a bit to help gauge who really is interested and those who only think they are.

Friadoc

Explorer
Solid.

That all sounds good to me, too. It's one of the main things I like about Falkus' game, is we all seem to hit things off pretty well and are enjoying the campaign.

Anyhow, I'll write-up a pitch here in a bit, I'd do it right now, but I'm hammering out some changes to my greenbond in my RL Tabletop Arcana Evolved game - although he was born a faen, the reincarnation spell has just changed that. ;)

So, off to the tablet. I hope you enjoy my offering.

Friadoc

Explorer
EDIT NOTES: I have not tally items for weight, however the coin listed is his current total.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Friadoc

[B]Class:[/B] Monk 3 (d8)/Rogue 3 (d6)

[B]Race:[/B] Halfling

[B]Size:[/B] Small

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Neutral

[B]Deity:[/B] CHat'An Monasticism 
via Baklunish philosophies and the teachings of Jat Won

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1            [B]Level:[/B] 6        [B]XP:[/B] 15,000

[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 	     [B]BAB:[/B] +4         [B]HP:[/B] 32 

[B]Con:[/B] 13 +1 	     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] n/a

[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 	     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] n/a

[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2 	     [B]Init:[/B] +6        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +0

[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 	     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 00%

[B]Base  Armor Shld  Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]

[B]Armor:[/B]           10        +0    +2    +1    +0    +3     16

[B]Touch:[/B] 15              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 13

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]

[B]Fort:[/B]                      4    +1   +1      +6

[B]Ref:[/B]                       6    +2   +1      +9

[B]Will:[/B]                      4    +2   +1      +7

[B]Circumstance mod(s)[/B]:
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear.

[B]Weapon[/B]

Unarmed Damage: 1d4 +1 attk +5 crit x2]
Quarterstaff [1d4+1/1d4+1, attk +5 crit x2, 2 lb., two-handed, bludgeoning]
Sling [1d3, attk +7 crit x2, range inc. 50 ft., 0 lb, bludgeoning]
Nanchaku +1 [1d4+2 attk +6 crit x2, 1 lb., light, bludgeoning]
Sai [1d3-1, attk +5 crit x2, range incr 10 ft., 1/2 lb., light, bludgeoning]

[B]Misc. Weapon Mod(s)[/B]:
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven, Halfling, Orc

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Combat Reflexes	
Dodge	
Improved Initiative	
Improved Unarmed Strike	[monk]
Stunning Fist	[monk]

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 78       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9/4.5

[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]

Balance                       5    +2    +2	+9

Climb			      5    +1    +2     +8
Diplomacy                     1    +0    +2     +3
Disable Device                5    +2    +0     +7
Disguise                      2    +0    +0     +2
Escape Artist                 5    +2    +0     +7
Forgery                       1    +2    +0     +3
Gather Information            2    +0    +0     +2
Hide                          5    +2    +4     +11
Jump                          5    +1    +4     +10
Knowledge (religion)          1    +2    +0     +3
Listen                        4    +2    +2     +8
Move Silently                 4    +2    +2     +8
Open Lock                     5    +2    +0     +7
Search                        5    +2    +0     +7
Sense Motive                  5    +2    +0     +7
Sleight of Hand               2    +2    +0     +4
Spot                          5    +2    +0     +7
Swim                          1    +1    +0     +2
Tumble                        5    +2    +2     +9
Use Rope                      5    +2    +0     +7

[B]Equipment:[/B]

Bedroll
Blanket, winter x1
Block and tackle
Caltrops
Chalk
Crowbar
Flasks x1
Flint and steel
Grappling hook
Hammer
Ink vial
Ink pen
Knife, cooking
Lantern (hooded)
Oil flasks x2
Parchment sheets x4
Pitons x10
Pouch x4
Rations (1 day) x5
Rope (50', silk) x3
Sacks x3
Sealing wax
Sewing needle
Signet ring
Soap
Tent
Torches x2
Waterskins x2
Whetstone
Thieves' tools

Magic Items
Heward's Handy Haversack - 2,000 gp
Ring of Jumping - 2,500 gp
Boots of Elvenkind - 2,500 gp
Cloak of Elvenkind - 2,500 gp
Bracers of Armor +1 - 1,000 gp
Nunchaku +1 - 2,302 gp
Potion of cure light wounds - 50 gp

[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] 36gp 9sp 2cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy     Lift   Push[/B]

[B]Max Weight:[/B]           0-32  33-65 66-98   98/195   488

[B]Age:[/B] 34

[B]Height:[/B] 3'0"

[B]Weight:[/B] 35lb

[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue

[B]Hair:[/B] Brown

[B]Skin:[/B] Tan

Appearance:

Friadoc carries himself with a somewhat more disciplined grace and strength than most halflings, although save for a walking staff he appears quite unarmed. His clothing is simple traveller's clothing, however the tones look like they could easily be lost in urban or rural shadows.

Background:

Friadoc (monk3/rogue3) was orphaned when orc bandits attacked his parents' caravan as it passed through the southern stretch of the Cairn Hills and killed every last man, woman, and child.

Or so they thought.

Several hours after the raiders had put the torch to the caravan, a cadre of traveling monks found the remains and the four brothers set to burying the dead.

Upon moving the bodies of a pair of halflings, male and female, the brothers found a baby halfling boy laying asleep under the woman, although it was evident that he had cried himself out and fell asleep from exhaustion.

So devastating was the raid, so total the destruction, the monks could find no evidence to the boys identity, save for the embroidery on his swaddling that read - Friadoc.

Raised as an orphan at the Chat'An Monastery in the Cairn Hills, Friadoc grew to under the tutelage of not only the four brothers who found him, but of all his brothers and sisters in the hidden vale of Chat'An.

Soon Friadoc found himself taken up by the Spirit of the Cat and Fox, walking the Path of the Mind. He focused the anguish fueled rage of his adolescence into the tempered resolve of discipline and purpose.

But, as with many halflings, Friadoc soon found the wanderlust in his blood and he began to walk.

First he traveled to the Vale, as Friadoc wished to know of his family, or at least if he could find out who they were, or where he came from. Yet, after many months, the young man only found friends, good friends for sure, but no family.

Soon the wanderlust turned to adventure, Friadoc found that not only was this a way to further temper his body, mind and soul and help those in need, but it also helped fund his travels and aide his brothers and sisters in the Chat'an vale with incomes and monies from the treasures and rewards of adventure.

Recently, Friadoc worked upon a merchant ship that sailed out of Relmor Bay, into the Sea of Gearnat, and to the City of Scant. Friadoc had read many tombs upon the region and decided that a visit to Irongate would be in order, so once again the young halfling walked.

Friadoc walked across the Headlands, to the City of Irongate, and has only arrived today, seeking test for his body, mind, and spirit.

OOC Notes:

A brief historical note, Friadoc is the name of my second D&D character, a rogue sidekick to my fighter, Wildstar Leedy, and obviously my most common username, too. ;)

Anyhow, that's a rough outline of my concept and his history. If it's an okay enough concept, I'll have his sheet up by tomorrow, as well as a description and personality outline.

Heck, one of these days I need to do a better, more embedded version of a sheet like you did, Industry, for Falkus' campaign.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
industrygothica said:
That was fast. Posting him here is fine.

What can I say? I'm enthusiastic. :)

Is it possible I could email it to you? There are some character details I would prefer to keep "private" for the time being.

industrygothica

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
What can I say? I'm enthusiastic. :)

Is it possible I could email it to you? There are some character details I would prefer to keep "private" for the time being.

Sure. Same name, @gmail.

Friadoc said:
Heck, one of these days I need to do a better, more embedded version of a sheet like you did, Industry, for Falkus' campaign.

As far as character sheets go, I'd prefer either this, which is the sheet that you're talking about, or this, which is similar to the new standard stat-block format. I like these two simply because I know where all of the information is, and they take up minimal space, so scrolling is less of an issue.

Remove ads