Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Fort Saves (1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=22)
Except I forgot the +2 bonus that Charlarn is graciously providing, so the totals are 23, 24, 14, 25 and 24. Two failed. Nonlethal damage (2d4=6)

Climb (1d20+3=12)
Climb 2 (1d20+3=17)
Additional Fort save (1d20+10=25, 1d4=1)

Total nonlethal damage now 22, and exhausted.

IC: Zack is drained by the heat as they make their way forward. As he tries to climb the cliff face, the exhaustion causes him to slip and almost fall. He catches himself and makes it up in the end.
"I hate this accursed place," he says as he lays down his pack for a while to take a breather.

Xael

First Post
OOC: Fort saves 27, 21, 22, 21, 24 . Ducane fails 4 of those and takes 16 nonlethal damage from heat. Ducane has +4 to climb even though he's exhausted, so if he can take 10 he'll do so. If he can't, he has fails two (2) climb checks (with 6 and 7), makes it with the third one (20), and fails one of the additional saving throws vs heat (with 28 and 20) , taking 1 more nonlethal damage.

Patlin

Explorer
You've finally gotten high enough up on the mountain that the heat is merely an anoyance, rather than an obstacle. At this height, vegetation begins to survive and the ground is less charred and softer. You are all exhausted, but you've made it to an area of comparative safety.

Charlarn looks around, trying to predict the weather. Looking piercingly through the haze, he notices something odd... he cannot locate the sun, in spite of the midday glare. Come to think of it, it appears to have been midday throughout your journey here. There's no sign that night will ever come, nor that the weather might change. There are no clouds, so rain seems unlikely.

Does the group wish to rest here, or press on?

Manzanita

First Post
"Let's rest here. Everyone needs some sleep. Don't drink all your water, though. Tomorrow we'll have to go to the city. I don't know what else we'll do." says Iggy.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus seems on the verge of passing out. He's feeling absolutely miserable and only hopes that Mongrel will either aid him, or put him out of his misery, both of which seem like equally good options at the moment.

OOC:
Planus will prepare 3 copies of endure elements in the morning, keeping 1 divine favor as his other first level spell.

Patlin

Explorer
XP Award #3

Encounters:
Stealing the Githyanki Ship
Magmin Battle (Avoided through use of Arcane Eye)
Huge Fire Elemental

Charlarn and Iggy: 1,983 xp
Others: 2,350 xp

Time XP:
July 21 through September 20th = 2 months

Charlarn and Iggy: 700 xp
Others: 600 xp

Environmental Hazards, Astral and Firey, Ad Hoc: 800 xp

Totals:

Charlarn and Iggy: 3,483 xp
Others: 3,750 xp

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"I'd like to see the top of this volcano. Planus and Charlarn, you can create water, can't you? If so, we ought to be able to make it tomorrow." Iggy says. "I can prepare more than one arcane eye spell tonight, so I could just peek up there, too. If there's nothing up there worthwhile, we could just turn around and head for the city."

OOC: Wow. those XPs added up. Iggy just made 8th level. And right before nightfall, to boot! He can take a level of Loremaster. I may have to write up some personal transformation for that. Iggy gets to add 2 spells to his spellbook. Somehow, I'm thinking one of those spells must be divination, as that's his specialty school. But now I don't see that in the SRD. Anyone know the rule on that?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
"Yes, Mongrel grants will grant me that gift tomorrow, I can just feel it."

OOC: Cool! Level 7 for Planus.
Planus will also prepare 3 create water spells to go with his 2 detect magic. I'll get his new spell list up when I have a chance to update him.
Do I pick Confusion or Dimension Door? What a good problem to have!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases