Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Patlin

Explorer
Previously, in Round 2
Iggy casts mage armor, and flings magic missiles at the nearest target -- the Githyanki Commander, as the pilot is around a corner.

Round 3 Continues
Charlarn smashes the commander with both weapons for a total of 4 damage. Goruksblane complains "You've got to swing me harder than that!"

The Githyanki pilot fires more missiles at Ducane for 12 damage, full defends, and causes the ship to unlatch from the dock. MM (3d4+3=12)

Opale's Acid Arrow finishes off the Githyanki Commander, allowing Opale to slip in to the doorway of the ship, but that area is very crowded now, other's won't be able to make it in.

The remaining soldier fires at Ducane, triggering an AOO from the badger, which misses.QTS Arrow (1d20+6+20=39, 1d8+1=3) Ducane takes 3 damage.

Ducane swings at the now vulnerable pilot, but misses.

[Iggy is up... I believe the posted action was for round 2, and used it above.]

Manzanita

First Post
"Surely they won't get away." mutter Iggy. He concentrates on summoning another celestial badger, trying to get it into the pilot's area. His other one should continue attacking on his turn.

Xael

First Post
HP 11 / 50, AC 21, 22 vs archer

Round 4: If Ducane is still standing, he'll attack the pilot, and miss (6) again.

OOC: Change Dodge target to the archer (AC 22 against him). Invisible Castle hates me.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Round 4:
Charlarn will gather himself and charge at the archer. He sweeps (1d20+10=15) Goruksblain at the githyanki, dealing (1d8+3=7) damage, if he hits.

OOC: I'll be at GenCon from the 14th through the 20th, so I won't be online much. Charlarn will fly around attacking unless someone looks seriously injured, then he'll heal them.

AC 18, 19 against the archer
HP 44/44
shield other in effect on Zack
shield of faith in effect
fly in effect

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light (2), mending;
1-bless, divine favor, obscuring mist, sanctuary*, shield of faith;
2-hold person, shield other*, silence, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, fly*, magic vestment.
*Domain spell.

Velmont

First Post
Opale will move further into the ship to have a line of sight with teh pilot and stopping to block the way, she will then shoot at the Pilot and cast Protection from Evil.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Hit: 19 for 5 damages.

Mage Armor and Protection from Evil active. The Illusion is still up for two rounds.

Spell Memorized: (4+1/4+1/3+1/2+1)
DC: 14 + Spell level
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, *Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Read Magic
1: *Color Spray, Disguise Self, Grease, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil
2: Glitterdust, Invisibility x2, *Invisibility
3: *Major Image, Melf's Acid Arrow [Extended], Stinking Cloud
*Bonus Illusion Spell [/SBLOCK]

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus casts spiritual weapon and silence at the Gith. He also floats up as far as possible to get a better view and to see if he can get a shot with his bow that is not blocked by his allies.

OOC:
Cast quickened silence (DC 15) at the spell caster. Cast spiritual weapon (1d20+3=17, 1d8+2=3). Attack bonus is wrong, should be +7 (+4 BAB, +3 Wisdom) for a total of 21.
If spiritual weapon benefits from bless, prayer, and divine favor, +4 to hit and +3 to damage.
Fly up to the ceiling of the ship.
Arrows fired: 1
Spells prepared:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor (x2), Protection From Evil
2 (DC 15) 4/day: Shatter, Silence, Spiritual Weapon (x2)
3 (DC 16) 3/day: Blindness, Prayer, Dispel Magic
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider, Disguise Self (prepared)
2 (DC 15): Locate object, Invisibility(prepared)
3 (DC 16): Fly (prepared), Nondetection

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Concludes
Iggy begins casting another summon monster spell, while his currently summoned monster attacks. The badger and Ducane now crowd the pilot at the far fore end of the ship. The Badger misses again.

Zack delays.

Round 4
T'Zeran, unable to obtain line of effect on the pilot, moves around and full defends.

Planus casts a quick volley of spells at the enemy mage... (to be continue once IC starts working for the saving throw.)

Patlin

Explorer
[Sblock=DM Ruling]Whether Spiritual Hammer gets the benefit of buff spells cast on you would, IMO, depend on whether it is treated as you attacking with the spell or the spell attacking on its own. In the former case, it's a weaponlike spell and bonuses would apply. In the latter case, it's more like a summoned creature, which would not automatically gain benefit from you buffing spells.

The spell states:

"It uses your base attack bonus (possibly allowing it multiple attacks per round in subsequent rounds) plus your Wisdom modifier as its attack bonus."

I am concluding based on this language that "it" is doing the attacking, and so I'm excluding the bonus. It's a bit of a marginal call, but that's what I'm going with.[/sblock]

(IC is still down.)

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
XP Award #2
Time: May 20th through July 20th = 2 Months/100 xp per character level

Encounters:
Mine Overseer Battle
lvl 7: 525
lvl 6: 600
lvl 5: 750

Total
Charlarn, Ignatious (Level 7) 700 xp + 525 xp = 1225 xp
Planus (Level 6) 600 xp + 600 xp = 1200 xp
Ducane, Zack, Opale (Level 5) 500 xp + 750 xp = 1250 xp

Since I can't get IC to work, I'll use the remaining time available to preemptively award xp for the battle:

Githyanki Ship Battle
Charlarn and Iggy: 1108 xp
Ducane and Planus: 1350 xp
Zack and Opale: 1625 xp

Time: July 20th to August 20th = 1 month -- 350 xp/300xp/250 xp

Total:
Charlarn and Iggy: 1458 xp
Ducane and Planus: 1650 xp
Zack and Opale: 1875 xp

Last edited:

Remove ads