Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Velmont

First Post
I suggest in teh split of teh treasure, we count all item at there selling price, which mean:

Chainshirt +1 (625)
2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (300)
Divine scroll of Dismissal (7th level) (350 gps)
cloak of resistance +2(2000)

Because, if no one take them, it is the amount of gold we could have from them.

So the treasure total would be:

15166.6 + 3275 = 18441.6

18441.6 / 6 = 3073.6 by person.

Anyone can buy back any item "sold" for there selling price. So the cloak can be bought for 2000gp or the potion of false life for 150gp.

SlagMortar

First Post
Remind me not to do math at night. I messed up the cash total on my calculation earlier. I was trying to say the same thing as Velmont, but Velmont's math is right and mine is not. I agree with Velmont.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I've noticed a lot of the in character discussion has suggested that your characters are perplexed as to why the powers of light sent you on this mission. While those powers are not humanoid and their exact motivations should be a bit unclear to the PCs, hopefully the plot of the adventure was understood by the players?

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Well, the vision told us it was a way to become stronger to figth the evil that was linked to the Ogre Mage... and we are, but there is still a lot Opale doesn't understand and she start to be annoyed by feeling to be railroaded into some quest that seems a good one, but she likes her freedom too.

Patlin

Explorer
Well, the good news is that your options are completely open at this point. I expect several adventures will be launching soon that will continue to advance the plot, and you can choose which one Opale will be pursuing.

I certainly have to admit to railroading a bit in pbp games. I find that the venue isn't as suited to open ended adventures, as the decision making process for a group is greatly hampered by the manner in which we communicate. People can make individual decisions just as they can in face to face play, but group decisions can cause a great amount of delay.

That's my theory anyway....

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I don't mind much to be railroad, seldom is usefull for the fluidity of the game. But that adventure was obvious for the PC themselves that they have been railroad. From the moment they have pass through the first portal into the astral, they had little choice then to go foward (well, in Astral, the could go up, down, left right, foward, backward :p but yuou know whta I mean).

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: I've noticed a lot of the in character discussion has suggested that your characters are perplexed as to why the powers of light sent you on this mission. While those powers are not humanoid and their exact motivations should be a bit unclear to the PCs, hopefully the plot of the adventure was understood by the players?

Are you interested in sharing your thoughts on the plot? Or would it be a spoiler for future adventures?

Manzanita

First Post
Velmont said:
I suggest in teh split of teh treasure, we count all item at there selling price, which mean:

Chainshirt +1 (625)
2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (300)
Divine scroll of Dismissal (7th level) (350 gps)
cloak of resistance +2(2000)

Because, if no one take them, it is the amount of gold we could have from them.

So the treasure total would be:

15166.6 + 3275 = 18441.6

18441.6 / 6 = 3073.6 by person.

Anyone can buy back any item "sold" for there selling price. So the cloak can be bought for 2000gp or the potion of false life for 150gp.

Thank you for helping here. I think this works except for the cloak. I think the cloak is valued at more than 2000 gps by several members of the party. I think it should be bid for. That's easier to do in face to face than PbP. As much as Iggy would like to buy some more spells, I suppose he'd be willing to relinquish his claim on the rest of the treasure in order to claim the cloak.

Maybe he can find some people to swap spells with. (like Opale! But wizards still need a fair bit of cash to even copy spells into their books, don't they? Basically, 100 gps per spell level. So Iggy could easily spend 1000 gps just on a few spells. He badly needs new spells to be a capable party member, too. So, upon reflection, I suppose he needs the cash more than the cloak.)

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy would actually like to copy the following spells from Opale. He was third level when he was last in the RDI, & doesn't have a particularly good selection himself, but is willing to let Opale copy anything she'd like from his book.

He'd like: greater invisibility, black tenticles, stinking cloud, dispell magic, glitterdust, alter self, and disguise self.

This would cost 1900 gps.

Iggy does have craft magic arms and armor as a feat. He's cash-starved enough to offer to do this on anyone who wanted to help.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Are you interested in sharing your thoughts on the plot? Or would it be a spoiler for future adventures?

Not a terribly complicated plot: The Celestials that sent you the vision in Clash of Earth and Sea wanted to reward you, and felt that the golden apples would serve as both a reward for your past bravery and a tool for the future adventures they believe you would have. Most of the dangers were incidental to the journey, although the final battle represented a counterattack from your enemies.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases