Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Patlin

Explorer
You step through the grey portal...

ooc: This thread is a sequel to the adventure "A Clash of Earth and Sea." Still waiting on aprovals, but I wanted to get the thread up so we can finalize who will participate.

You've all gamed with me before, but Clash of Earth and Sea lasted so long it predates much of my standard boilerplate. Here it is:

Quick Housekeeping Bits
Please use invisible castle to make all the dice rolls you would make in a normal game. It completely bogs me down if I have to do the rolling for the PCs as well as the NPCs, and if I get bogged down I don't update as often and things spiral out of control and... well, you get the point. Please?

(I'll do the dice rolling if you simply cannot, for whatever reason. If such is the case, make sure to post the modifiers.)

I will mostly use Invisible Castle as well, and generally I post the links for each roll. If I miss one or two, you are welcome to do a search there under "DM Patlin" to see what I've been up to. Being more-or-less human, I will occasionally screw something up. If I do and you tell me about it quickly, I'll fix it. If we figure out a mistake several rounds later, though, I may simply decide you're stuck with it. :eek: Example: If I'm applying sneak attack damage to your character and I forgot you've got a blur spell up, tell me right away!

Also, please be cautious when using sblocks and the title box. Depending on how I'm acessing the board, I sometimes can't see stuff in those two places. For example, I use "topic review" a lot when resolving combats, and that mode doesn't show any titles.

Reference
The Vision
XP Award #1
XP Award #2 and bonus
XP Award #3

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 4/ranger 2

Manzanita said:
Iggy's coming through, though he'd prefer to step in behind some more armored figure.
Charlarn is fine with leading the way. He's all for taking a trip into the unknown.

Patlin

Explorer
Charlarn, Iggy, Planus, Zack and Ducane enter the misty gray portal, leaping in before it can close and deny them the opportunity. In a moment, they should discover whether or not Opale decided to follow. Something about the portal distorts your sense of time, and you can't tell whether your transportation was instantaneos or whether it took several days. It was very restfull, though, and you all feel as if you have had a good night's sleep.

ooc: Everyone recovers hp equal to twice their level, casters may re-memorize spells, anyone with the xp to level up does so *before* applying these benefits.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Can Iggy choose a different set of spells? Or does he simply re-remember the ones he had? The spell of Charlarn, and the 12 pts of healing from the portal brings Iggy back up to full HPs.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Can Iggy choose a different set of spells? Or does he simply re-remember the ones he had? The spell of Charlarn, and the 12 pts of healing from the portal brings Iggy back up to full HPs.

SRD said:
After resting, a wizard must study her spellbook to prepare any spells that day. If she wants to prepare all her spells, the process takes 1 hour. Preparing some smaller portion of her daily capacity takes a proportionally smaller amount of time, but always at least 15 minutes, the minimum time required to achieve the proper mental state.

ooc: Keeping some of the spells allready prepared will save you some time, but you can do whatever you wish. I'm stalling on Velmont's decision before giving you a description of your current environment, which I'm sure you'll find interesting.... ;)

Velmont

First Post
As teh portal continue to shirink and is no more taller than Jack, Opale get out of it, almost jumping out of it. After rolling on the ground she swear. "I just hope I didn't make a mistake here." she tells as the portal finally close.

[SBLOCk=Prepared spells]Spell Memorized: (4+1/4+1/3+1)
DC: 14 + Spell level
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, *Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Read Magic
1: *Color Spray, Grease x2, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil
2: Alter Self, Glitterdust, Melf's Acid Arrow, *Mirror Image
*Bonus Illusion Spell[/SBLOCK]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 4/ranger 2

Charlarn stumbles out of the portal on the other side. "That was some trip. Where are we?" He looks quickly around, before awaiting the others.

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light (2), mending;
1-bless, cause fear, sanctuary*, shield of faith, summon monster I;
2-hold person, shield other*, silence, spiritual weapon.
3-dispel magic, protection from energy*, summon monster III.
*Domain spell.

OOC: Charlarn is fully healed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases