Shark World Inc

Crothian

First Post
Okay, we have the following groups:

1) Saughin ruled by the Megladons

2) Leviathon that doesn't rule anyone but try to help out the sides of good.

3) The Kraken ruling over a large group of Sea elves.

Aeolius , do you have a link for your "kraken-kin, two kraken crossbreeds. The first is the krakidan, a human-kraken mix. The second is the sykraken, an aboleth-kraken crossbreed." ?

4) The Water Elemtnal ruling other sea elves.

5) The Marid.

6) The Oozes

7) A few underwater cities. some are under seige others aren't doing well. They are human, elf, and dwarf. Any other races that should be included?

8) The land lovers. Again, they are Human, elf, and dwarf. Most of them live in/ on the frozen ice so have adapted to the cold. They have a lower level of general technology.

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:

3) The Kraken ruling over a large group of Sea elves.

Aeolius , do you have a link for your "kraken-kin, two kraken crossbreeds. The first is the krakidan, a human-kraken mix. The second is the sykraken, an aboleth-kraken crossbreed." ?

Yeah, they would rock as the noble cast of the Kraken's society.

We should explore the aboleth angle as well. Maybe they control parts of the deepest oceans and sea-filled caverns?

Crothian said:

7) A few underwater cities. some are under seige others aren't doing well. They are human, elf, and dwarf. Any other races that should be included?

Sea-Drow? :D :p

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

We should explore the aboleth angle as well. Maybe they control parts of the deepest oceans and sea-filled caverns?

That would be intersting. In a large underwater community, these guys would fare pretty well. tHey have no trouble with the other sea dwellers and they keep to themselves in the caves and in certain areas that they claim. If left unchecked (as they have been) they can geta good population going. They have no young, so all members of the race are powerful. And the ability to pass down knowledge means they will know things that other races have forgotten. THat is a great plot hook if I've ever heard one.

Azure Trance

First Post
General God Ideas

(feel free to expand)

Sea Gods
-Fishes / Fishing
(Agriculture, Fertility? {Lots o fishies})
-Storms / Hurricanes
(Chaos, Power, Insanity?)
-Calm, serene waters
(Tranquility, reflectiveness - knowledge? Psionics?)
-Alternatively, add 'em up for the god of Weather)

Random Sea Gods
-Tsunami / Waves
-Coral-

Standard Gods
-War
-Death
-Magic
-Life ('normal good god'?)
-Luck / Back Luck
-Race (For whatever dominant race; merfolk, etc)
-Teensy Demigod of Islands? (Somebodies watching the land races back at least)

For more sea stuff, I should probably watch more Discovery Channel.

Crothian

First Post
Here's another thought. MAybe the great Meteor blast destroyed the gods. Over the melenia the big 4 (kraken, megladon, water elemental, leviathon) become low dieties (DR 4 or 5).

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
Here's another thought. MAybe the great Meteor blast destroyed the gods. Over the melenia the big 4 (kraken, megladon, water elemental, leviathon) become low dieties (DR 4 or 5).

That would be kewl. Say that *most* of the gods sacrificed themselves to dampen the destructive impact of the meteors.

Gotta have a few gods left floating around.

I really wanna have a Pele (sp?) type goddess of fire/volcanoes like the one in Hawaii.

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

That would be kewl. Say that *most* of the gods sacrificed themselves to dampen the destructive impact of the meteors.

Gotta have a few gods left floating around.

I really wanna have a Pele (sp?) type goddess of fire/volcanoes like the one in Hawaii.

Sounds good. So we should get a list of gods both the dead ones and the few living. There can be cults to the dead gods hoping that if they get enough worshipers that the dead gods will come back.

1) Goddess of flame and Fire: She tried to sacrifice herself, but the explotion caused by impact actually increased her power. We can have a Ring of Fire tpye place, or mid atlantic Ridge (if you don't know both these places have a high ratio of valcanoes). Or even a natural hot spot like Yellowstone national park.

2) Ruler of the gods. An honorible ruler who was the first to give up his life hoping to even save the life of some of the other gods. He has the largest cult trying to get him back.

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:

1) Goddess of flame and Fire: She tried to sacrifice herself, but the explotion caused by impact actually increased her power. We can have a Ring of Fire tpye place, or mid atlantic Ridge (if you don't know both these places have a high ratio of valcanoes). Or even a natural hot spot like Yellowstone national park.

2) Ruler of the gods. An honorible ruler who was the first to give up his life hoping to even save the life of some of the other gods. He has the largest cult trying to get him back.

Exactly what I had in mind.

(Hey... did you happen to notice that this is already the second largest thread in this forum? :cool: )

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

Exactly what I had in mind.

(Hey... did you happen to notice that this is already the second largest thread in this forum? :cool: )

Any other god suggestions? And where's that Leviathon I assigned you? I expect results, mister!!

Of course I'm just kidding, and I noticed that as well. It's not cool, it's just casue no one ever comes here. :(

Edit: and what the heck made you even think to look? THat's such an odd thing to do. :D

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
In one of the monster compendiums there was a huge turtle like creature that was so big, it was used as an island. Or something like that. Any ideas what that was and if it's been converted?

Remove ads