Shark World Inc

Azure Trance

First Post
It was in the AD&D 2nd Edition Monster Manual called the Zaratan

Big turtle whose shell was an island. Head was about 50' across, looked like a submerged boulder, shell was 2-350' diameter, slept 99% of the time.

Tony DeTerlizzi (Planescape Fame) drew the pic which looks nice.

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
Any other god suggestions? And where's that Leviathon I assigned you? I expect results, mister!!

Sorry Mister Crothian, sir. I've been prepping for tonight's game. I will jump on that leviathan deal ASAP sir!

Crothian said:
Of course I'm just kidding, and I noticed that as well. It's not cool, it's just casue no one ever comes here. :(

Yeah, I know it's just because it's a slow forum...

Crothian said:
Edit: and what the heck made you even think to look? THat's such an odd thing to do. :D

Just a curious type-a-dude I suppose ;) :p

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'll get to the kraken stats after a bit; I'm revising all of my BPAA pages, with revised info. One PC in my undersea is a krakidan, btw.

THE CURRENT ROSTER

A. CHARACTERS: Ferlius (krakidan), Xmador (triton), Dubheasa (Malenti), Storm (sea elf), Cilvia (tiefling mermaid), Nee'Kaa (oceanid), unnamed water genasi
B. COMPANIONS: Mulan (Plasmanta; Cilvia's Familiar), Croceus (Agathion; Xmador's golden crown), unnamed cuttlefish construct (Ferlius), Smalt (foo sea lion, Dubheasa)

C. TOPICAL NPCs: Stinger (anemonoid cleric), Meir (greenhag), Xaetra (spectral hag), Orrok (sea bugbear), Zander (shade), unnamed half-dragon (deep)/half-hag (night)

Here's a link to a recruiting notice, for my campaign: BPAA

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

There could be whole tribes of barbarians that use them as islands/ships... have them trained for combat so that they ram ships and such...

That could work pretty well. Have a druid or shaman type leader of the tribe who can communicate with the creature

drowdude

First Post
...giant-water-striding insects with tentacles that fire down from their abdomens and grab food beneath the surface of the water.... beetle like upper carapace with weak odd shaped wings that allow them to capture the wind and move at incredible speeds hovering across the water surface...

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:
...giant-water-striding insects with tentacles that fire down from their abdomens and grab food beneath the surface of the water.... beetle like upper carapace with weak odd shaped wings that allow them to capture the wind and move at incredible speeds hovering across the water surface...

Good idea. I'll expect these done with that Leviathon. ;)

Some giant water based vermin is a good idea. We can also have some fun with ocean vents. A whole eco system that doesn't depend on the sun.

But first I was thinking of starting on some of the top side races. They'll be posted in House rules, since that';s where thta stuff gets posted, but I'll provide a link from here as well as to here.

Good gsming tonight :D

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
Good idea. I'll expect these done with that Leviathon. ;)

:D

Crothian said:
Some giant water based vermin is a good idea.

Thanks.

Crothian [/i][B] We can also have some fun with ocean vents. A whole eco system that doesn't depend on the sun. [/B][/QUOTE] Sounds kewl. We can tie that in with the aboleths ;) [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crothian [/i][B] But first I was thinking of starting on some of the top side races. They'll be posted in House rules said:
Good gsming tonight :D

Went well. It was an mIRC game... first online game I have run in a long time...

Last edited:

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
OK, now that you guys have found the bloodstained template (sorry, I should have included a link or some clues!), what about a slight variation to the paragon primal water elemental? Yep, make it a giant blood (and guts and bone and... urk) elemental, basically a collection of all the dead of Shark World from when the meteors struck.

Perhaps this could also be one of the gods you're looking for: death and destruction, divine rank 4?

Remove ads