Attitude of summoned creatures

Gwarok

Explorer
Looking at the Thaumaturge Prestige class, they are allowed to get a discount on the services of summoned creatures if they can get them to a Friendly attitude using a diplomacy check. The DC on this is obviously determined by their attitude when they get summoned.

How is this determined? Do they always start off as Hostile or can this be mitigated somehow? A priest summoning one of his deity's favored minions or perhaps a wizard who summons a creature he has worked with in the past and has a rapport with? Thanks in advance for any info.

javcs

First Post
I would think that it would, for a non-particular entity*, the starting attitude would be indifferent, or at worst unfriendly.
For a specific entity, the starting attitude would vary.

*By which I mean a typical non-unique [the basic stat-block creature] representative of the species, who was not specifically called for.

DarkJester

First Post
I'm not familiar with the Thaumaturge, and I'm assuming you mean called creatures rather than summoned. I'd say a creature you pull in with planar binding would be unfriendly, while a creature pulled in with planar ally would be indifferent. No rules backing there just what feels right.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
DarkJester said:
I'd say a creature you pull in with planar binding would be unfriendly, while a creature pulled in with planar ally would be indifferent. No rules backing there just what feels right.
That sounds fair to me.
-blarg

MINI

First Post
No one likes doing work for free unless your on the same side (alignment wise) and those summoned creatures so know they are in for some pain as they get sent to the worst part of the fray for flanking reasons, lol.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases