DD1? (Barrow of the Forgotten King)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The new adventure Barrow of the Forgotten King is occasionally referred to as DD1: Barrow of the Forgotten King.

Pity it isn't on the cover of the adventure (though it is in the text).

So, what does "DD" stand for? My guess is "Dungeon Delve", which explains the format of the adventure: you go and stomp through a dungeon killing monsters. Sounds good to me.

Mouseferatu worked on DD3, IIRC - Mouse, am I right? ;)

Cheers!

It's the first in a linked series or arc of three. Are the names for DD2 and DD3 out (I'm too lazy to check)?

Honestly, I find it a bit sad for WOTC to return to the days of module numbers. That ship has sailed for WOTC -- Goodman Games is carrying that torch now with DCC. The WOTC production values and quality are generally good enough that I don't think they need the numbers as an additonal gimmick.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Olgar Shiverstone said:
It's the first in a linked series or arc of three. Are the names for DD2 and DD3 out (I'm too lazy to check)?

DD1: Barrow of the Forgotten King by Ed Stark (levels 2+)
DD2: The Sinister Spire by Bruce R. Cordell and Ari Marmell (levels 4+)
DD3: Fortress of the Yuan-Ti by Ari Marmell (levels 6+)

Cheers!

JustKim

First Post
I had no idea it had a module code. Since it's not on the cover it wouldn't be a very effective gimmick, nor useful for identifying the trilogy. Maybe the idea was abandoned before the cover went to print?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
JustKim said:
I had no idea it had a module code. Since it's not on the cover it wouldn't be a very effective gimmick, nor useful for identifying the trilogy. Maybe the idea was abandoned before the cover went to print?

It's funny. It's in the advertising blurbs, in the module text, but not on the cover. :)

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases