Epic problem OOC

Ivellious

First Post
Shayuri said:
1) Your shield has no enhancement bonus, but has the Arrow Deflection ability. That's a no-no by the rules. :)
I've never seen this as a rule. I was always under the impression that you could just have the ability if you spent for the +6 enhancement bonus, therefore still making the shield magical

Shayuri said:
2) Dragon's strength stat is wonky. You spent 5 point buy points for base score 13. You then add racial bonus of 9 for 22. Then you add 5 inherent, for...25? No. 27. :) Adjust to hit and damages accordingly.
I guess I just did some bad math, thanks for the catch :p

Shayuri said:
3) The dragon's secondary attack bonuses (all attacks except Bite) should be 2 less than the primary attack bonus. Normally it would be 5 less, but you have the Multiattack feat.
That's actually if I use them all in the same round. Those are the scores for if I just use that one attack. Though I will go and change it to show as such because I won't ever just use one attack

Shayuri said:
4) Epic Reputation? For your cohort? Are you SURE about that?
I know is sounds weird, but I wanted to added some flavoring to her, and I figured, why not make her god chosen to be with my paladin? So I figured she would've had an reputation as such.

Shayuri said:
5) Same idea: Magic Missile? -why-? We suggest Shield, instead. That'll stack with Mage Armor and give your mount a total bonus of +8 to AC when it has time to buff.

Jemal said:
BLASPHEMY!!!! No mage should ever be without Magic Missile!

Enough said lol

Jemal

Adventurer
Tailspinner - ELH was printed off of 3.0 material, and I believe in 3.0 it was max 1 level below you, which changed in 3.5, hence the difference.

Ivellious - Actually, Shay's right about the shield.. DMG page 217. "A suit of armour with a special ability must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus"... not a special ability WORTH at least a +1 enhancement bonus. It doesn't just have to be 'magical', it has to be 'enhanced'... Same as the adding magic itself requires Masterwork.

Ivellious

First Post
Fixed the shield issuse. just went with a plus on shield heavy fortifcation shield. That way I didn't have to change my cost of the shield, and still get a niffty abilitly I could used

Wrahn

First Post
I am playing around with modificiation of characters from other epic games I have made. I have a question about how you interpret metamagic.

Let us say I have for instance an Enhanced, Twinned, Maximized, Empowered, Quickened Fireball

Is metamagic (except Maximize and Empower) stack? Ie does the above mentioned do:

120 (20d6 maximized) + 10d6 (empowered) x2 (for Twinned) as a quickened spell

-or-

does all metamagic apply seperately so the same spell would do

60 (10d6 Maximed) + 10d6 (Enchanced) + 5d6 (empowered) as a quickened spell and 10d6 taking a standard action (twinned)

Jemal

Adventurer
Whran, your first example would be correct. Your given spell would deal 20d6+240 damage as a swift action. Do keep in mind though, that some do NOT stack.. IE, you can't Empower an allready Intensified spell, etc.

pallandrome

First Post
Ok, since I could find NOTHING to denote how old a Rakshasa can be, I put Salarassa at an adult 380, pending further information.

As for Gorashik, He'll be left behind with orders to build me an army, which brings me to my next question. To get legendary commander, I apparently need a 30 in deplomacy. Now, I have a +48 modifier, or +58 if I'm using Voice of the Dragon (which I will, since it's only a 4th level spell, and I can keep it up all day long with only 5 castings). But I only have 26 ranks. Do I still need to wait 4 levels to get Legendary Commander, or would you consider a +58 modifier to be enough? If so, then next level I should have an army of around 25,000 soldiers, and over 500 casters of level 5 or greater (with a full 30 with 5th level spells, whee!).

Posted character on the RG

Last edited:

Remove ads