Ashin's Commission, RA Style--All but Michael

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...we don't have the time to just be sitting here. We will go on ahead. The rest of you can wait here. We should return in short order if all things are clear."

*Zaeryl heads off ahead to go scouting, but unfortunately, even by the time the sun has risen, he has not returned...*

*With the light, the group can see the path ahead--The going is hard and steep, it seemed to be at the limit of what a horse could navigate even without a rider. To theileft, the slope into the canyon became steeper and steeper until it seemed that not even a mountain goat could negotiate it. Ahead, a steep pinnacle looms in front, rising much higher than is feasible to climb. The best way ahead is to skirt the side of the mountain, clinging to a narrow slope between the mountain and the canyon, but the slope narrows to a rocky ledfe. This would be difficult, and one false step would cast him down far into a deep chasm.*

Erekose13

Explorer
With the morning light illuminating the scene, Eternity looks worried, "Where the heck did Zaeryl get to? I hope he didn't fall down that." She says as she looks over the edge. "How are we going to get the horses around that?"

(ooc: Eternity submitted for 3rd level)

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf growls in anoyance.

"This fools quest seems bound to find delays at every turn. Perhaps we should go back and look for a different route. I'm not eager to try and get my horse to fly."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think thats a good idea. Hulgyr, you might be able to climb across that but Kailie certainly can't and I doubt I could either." replies Eternity.

(approved for 3rd :))

Patlin

Explorer
We head back down from whence we came, looking for a route more likely to accomodate our horses. At the very least, if we must come back this way Ironwolf hopes to find a farmer willing to take coins to stable his horse in safety.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group backtracks and searches for a better way, and indeed, in the light of day, they find a small trail that leads down and into a valley instead of up the craggy peaks, traversing more easily towards Duvik. It is still not good terrain to be riding at first, but if they walk the horses, they should be fine for the moment.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Assuming that the others follow suit)

*The pass leads down and around into a small and narrow valley of little note, curving slightly before leading back up again onto a promontory overlooking the town of Duvik below. A mining town, Duvik is built up against the cavern-strewn mountains filled with rich veins that have made the town rather famous and wealthy, at least for its size. In the still quiet of the morning air and from their vantage point upon the promontory, the town looks quite peaceful, though if rumours are true, then this is a mere facade, an illusion brought about by the distance.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases