NORSE/VIKING adventures, settings, conan type adventures

Emirikol

Adventurer

Attachments

• CimmeriaMap.png
    CimmeriaMap.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 1,460
Last edited:

What do you mean by 'Norse setting'? How willing are you to adapt things? Do you want something that already has Norse gods, or just something thematically Norse, perhaps with a nice Ragnarok feel to it?

Emirikol

Adventurer
Actually, I need something that will run in a "northern" setting for levels 1-20 (or 1-15 for all I care).

I'm moving my Conan campaign's next adventure series to the north. We're just finishing up in the deserts of Shem/Zamboula with Age of WOrms.

jh

Well, War of the Burning Sky (WotBS) could easily be transported northward. It starts in the winter in mountains, and throughout the campaign saga the winter does not relent until the end. A few small changes might be necessary, like changing a bayou in one adventure to a peat bog, but I think it's easier to adapt than say Savage Tide with all its jungles.

It's a bit more high-tech than I imagine Conan being, but if you were able to adapt Age of Worms to Conan, you should be able to handle this.

If you're interested, the Player's Guide and GM's Guide are available for free:
http://enworld.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=20945
and
http://enworld.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=20979

ssampier

First Post
Vikings Campaign Sourcebook isn't bad. It's mostly fluff IMHO, so it should be useable.

Besides the Against the Giants series, are there any good giant adventures? Or trolls? Finally, what about a Ragnorak?

Emirikol

Adventurer
ssampier said:
Vikings Campaign Sourcebook isn't bad. It's mostly fluff IMHO, so it should be useable. Besides the Against the Giants series, are there any good giant adventures? Or trolls? Finally, what about a Ragnorak?

I've got plenty of supplemental material...I'm wondering if there are any scenarios series' from maybe levels 1-15 or so that might work well for that sort of campaign.

Something like Age of Worms, but for a "northern" campaign. I don't want an "ice" campaign becasue the single-theme stuff get's old, but there's got to be somethign that would work.

Shackled city doesn't seem right and the new Adventure path is a pirates adventure..also not very conducive.

Thoughts?

Remove ads