d10 for Initiative

dagger

Adventurer
Couple of players want to try this, do you see any issues? They did not give a good reason for wanting to try it (they DO remember AD&D a little too fondly sometimes), but I don't see any initial problems.

I think a person or two on the board already does this.....can't remember who.

I do play in a C&C game, but this is a 3.5 game.

dagger

Adventurer
That's very true and that feat does see a lot of action in our games.

Another option would be to have tie resolve simultaneously....not that it would make much difference.

Slaved

First Post
the Jester said:
+4 from Improved Initiative is worth far far more this way.

You could change improved initiative to allow you to reroll your initiative check once per inititative check. You could make it so that the players just always rolls 2 d10's and keeps the better or everytime they roll they have the option of rolling again but must keep the new number.

It leaves it a very nice option to have but it averages out to be roughly a +2 bonus instead of a +4.

BRP2

First Post
I don't exactly see the point. Unless, you just want to boost the effect of DEX on it(and any feats/job traits).

Kahuna Burger

First Post
since you generally only roll once for intiative per combat (as opposed to attack rolls) it can feel like the randomization factor is too much at d20. Your players would probably like their high init builds to be more useful, and I can't say I blame them. I'd go for it and remember to add inproved initiative to any rogue archers I built. ;)

BRP2

First Post
I think all it would do is make bonuses stronger and make ties slightly more likely(well x2s more likely). I don't really get the point.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases