Benito Moltos, Hero of the Vilhon Reach

Malachai_rose

First Post
I play the character of Benito in a FR campaign run by Broccoli Head and posted on the story hour board as The heroes of the Vilhon Reach/Company of the Blue Wolf. Benito hails from Alaghon and is a devoted preist of Tyr. Any opinions or comments are always welcomed, and as a side not Benito crafted almost all of his own magical gear :) Well here goes. Also a full description of the home brewed Holy Justice prestige class is at the bottom, any ideas or criticism's are welcomed.

to check out the story hour for a better understanding of the character...

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?threadid=117

Benito Moltos: lvl 7 cleric /lvl 2 Holy Justice

Human male
hieght 6'3, wieght: 185 lbs, hair: Black eyes: Green

(roll method 4d6 reroll 1's)

Str: 18 (20 w/items)
Dex: 16
Con: 16 (18 w/items)
Int: 15
Wis: 19 (21 w/items)
Chr: 16

side note my two points went into strength and wisdom.
Base attack bonus: +6/+1, w/modifiers +14/+9

Skills

Concentration: 12 (cleric)
Craft Armor: 5 (cleric)
Diplomacy: 12, w/skill focus and items 24 (cleric)
Knowledge Religion: 8 (cleric)
Spot: 8 (holy justice)
Local knowledge: 2 (freebie)
Sense Motive: 7 (holy justice)
Ride: 2 (cross class)
use rope: 2 (holy justice)
spell craft: 4 (cleric)
scry: 2 (cleric)

Feats

weapon proficiency longsword (war domain frebie)

weapon focus longsword (war domain frebie)

scribe scroll

craft wonderous item

improved initiative

magical artisan

not sure what I am gonna pick for my newest one, any ideas ?

Domains: War and Retribution

Spells per day

0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

6 6+1 5+1 4+1 3+1 2+1

I chose not to list the specific spells as that changes on a game to game basis.

Equipment (magical)

ring of protection +2

Gauntlets of Ogre power (crafted and keyed)

boots of striding and springing combined with boots of speed (crafted and keyed)

+3 dark steel shield (loot that was subsequently enhanced further)

adamantine breast plate (+2 natural enhancement bonus) +1 w/silent moves added (loot that was subsequently enhanced further)

Dark Vision goggles (crafted and keyed)

circlet of persuasion +10 diplomacy (player invented as well as crafted and keyed)

Wings of Flying (crafted and keyed)

Periapt of Wisdom (crafted and keyed)

Manacles of truth ,as the 3rd lvl clerical spell discern lies (player invented as well as crafted and keyed)

Mano de la Justicia , longword +2 holy and keened as well as imbued with the spirit of Salazar, a now deceased mentor of Benito's, for more imformation on how this came to pass check out the story hour link at the top of the page. Also has the ailities to cast Orders wrath and Cure critical wounds once per day as an 8th lvl cleric. (Gift from the Temple in Alaghon in exchange for a sword known as Dragon Sworn)

*all keyed items are keyed to Lawful Good

**for description of crafing and keying rules see DMG page 243 Behind the Curtian.

HOLY JUSTICE OF TYR

"Holy Justices know the laws and legal codes of the lands that they live in and the land in which they were raised. They automatically know all commonly known and uncommonly known information within that body of law and its attendant proceedures. "
--from Faiths and Avatars

Holy Justices see the world in clear-cut moral terms and want to see Faerun morally cleansed and ordered by laws are evenly and diligently applied. Tyr bestows special favor and abilities on certain individuals who possess great
faith and desire to spread Tyr's precepts of justice and law to those less civilized and to bring those who break the law to face justice.

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to be a Holy Justice, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria
alignment: Lawful Good
skills: Knowledge (relegion) 8 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Knowledge (local) 2 ranks
feats: weapon focus (longsword)
spellcasting: Ability to cast divine spells, ability to turn undead.
patron: The holy justice must have Tyr as his patron diety.

Skill points at each level 4 + Int modifier

Lvl BAB Fort Ref Will
1 +1 +2 +0 +2
2 +1 +3 +0 +3
3 +2 +3 +1 +3
4 +3 +4 +1 +4
5 +4 +4 +1 +4

Special
1 Detect Evil, Controlled Strike
2 Exotic wpn. prof.: manacles, Skill Focus
3 Reveal the Truth
4 Resist Illusion, Unyielding Will of Tyr
5 True Form

Spells per day
1 +1 of existing class
2 +1 of existing class
3 +1 of existing class
4 +1 of existing class
5 +1 of existing class

CLASS FEATURES
Weapon and Armor proficiency: holy justices are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields

Detect Evil (Sp): At will the holy justice can detect evil. This ability duplicates the effects of the spell detect evil.

Controlled Strike (Ex): The holy justice can choose to deal subdual damage with his weapon without incurring the normal -4 penalty.

Exotic Weapon Proficiency:manacles (Ex): The holy justice is able to wield manacles as a melee weapon. If the holy justice strikes his target with the manacles, he then makes an opposed strength check. If the check is successful the opponent is manacled.

Skill Focus (Ex): the holy justice chooses a skill focus in one of his class skills.

Reveal the Truth (Su): Detect a deliberate falsehood a number of times per day equal to the character's wisdom modifier. There is no saving throw to resist this supernatural ability. However, if the target is four levels or hit dice
above the holy justice (total character levels), the power does not function.

Resist Illusions (Ex): a holy justice of 4th level or higher gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against illusions.

Unyielding Will of Tyr (Su): the holy justice can choose to ignore mind-affecting spells or abilities, charms or compulsions. Doing so causes one negative level per round the affect or spell is resisted. The holy justice may re-roll his saving throw during his initiative each round to resit the spell or ability at the new modified saving throw. If because of level loss, the holy justice reaches 0 hit points, he succumbs to the effect and regains the lost levels.
Also, he can voluntarily end this effect at any time and succumb to the spell or ability. This also allows him to regain lost levels. The level loss is temporary and returns once the holy justice makes his saving throw or succumbs
to the spell or effect in question at the rate of 1 level per turn.

True Form (Su): The holy justice may use one of his turning attempts to force creatures altered by magical effects or through supernatural abilities to their true form. This ability is treated as turning undead for purposes of determing number and level of creatures so affected. For this ability, the levels of holy justice add to any previous ability to turn undead.

Spellcasting: a holy justice adds +1 level to his existing divine spell-casting level, but does not go up in any other abilities (turning undead, feats, etc.) inherrant to any previous class.

Well there ya go :D alot I realize but I wanted to present the complete package so to speak, any comments are always welcome.

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Hey malachai_rose, it would be cool if we could post all of the Heroes here. You would have to change the name of the thread. Too bad you didn't add a poll...Who is your favorite hero?

BTW the 25% cost reduction feat is called Magical Artisan (Craft Wondrous Item)

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Hey balin! it's good to see you posting on malachai's thread. How come you don't post on HotVRIII/CotBW?

Don't know if you've talked to your bro about events. Babu is really cool. He still lives....we think.

Malachai_rose

First Post
input, must have input :p

Ala Kazam... BUMPO !!!

Just wanted to bump the thread to try and get some opinions on the character and where I might go with him from here, as well as a possible 9th lvl feat. Any opinion is welcome whether it be that you think Benito is a powergamed munchkin :) or where you think he might go after 12th lvl when the Holy Justice prestige class is wrapped up. Also I was wondering if anyone out there had played a high level cleric before and if so what kind of advice you might have, anything from tactics to spell selection to character direction or motivations. Sorry to be so long winded so to speak :D it's just that I want to have the character behave in a realistic fashion rather than a "look a monster lets go kill it for some XP" fashion. Anyways for anyone who may want to reply any and all advice or criticisms are welcomed.

Malachai_rose

First Post
El Bumpo

Just wanted to bump the thread and implore anyone hwo might be inclined, to post their thoughts, ideas or criticisms on either the character, prestige class design or any ideas for the 9th lvl feat :D Well if anyone (please :)) has some thoughts feel welcomed to post them, lol even if they are bad :p

Malachai "Benito" Rose
Hero of the Vilhon Reach

ps. lol forgot to mention pay no attention to the posts by Broc or Balin, ones my little brother :) and the others my DM so they aren't exactly free from bias if ya know what i mean :D It's like the old saying goes "If you want an honest opinion better to go to a complete stranger for a friend will lie to spare spare the feelings of his companion". Actually it's not an old sayin I just kinda made it up, hehe but it is basically true.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases