Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hostile magic? I don't know...it wasn't exactly attacking, flying and skulking around, mostly, but it looked like it might be dangerous."

"Oh, me? I'm a Magewright--you know? I tried to check for magics I could understand, but this was all beyond me."

Patlin

Explorer
"Interesting. What would someone have to gain from placing an intimidating, distracting presence in your household, and yet not having it attack? Is there anything else missing from your household, or some treasure your daughter might have in her posession or know about? Is your familly well known? How will we recognize your daughter when we find her? Do you have any sort of picture?"

Anvuss is predictably oblivious to the possibility of romantic or sexual interest in the daughter, so he doesn't think to inquire as to the daughters age or possible suitors.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ma'am, I'm afraid that in our haste to delve into this connundrum facing us that we have done a great disservice to you. We have not been properly introduced." replies Aethelus. "As intimated by our metal friend here, your name and background might be of concern in this investigation. As such I felt it necessary to stop and make right such social necessities. I am Aethelus d'Cannith."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Interesting. What would someone have to gain from placing an intimidating, distracting presence in your household, and yet not having it attack? Is there anything else missing from your household, or some treasure your daughter might have in her posession or know about? Is your familly well known? How will we recognize your daughter when we find her? Do you have any sort of picture?"

"Well, I found out there were more of them that must have sneaked past me--after I finished with this one, I heard some noise upstairs, so I approached cautiously to find that Lucy was gone, her window was open, and more of them were flying in the distance...I think they came to kidnap my Lucy."

"Lucy? She's a pretty girl with dark hair--like mine but shorter. And big blue eyes."

"Well known? I don't think so, no. I'm not sure. Do you think most people know the names of Magewrights?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Ma'am, I'm afraid that in our haste to delve into this connundrum facing us that we have done a great disservice to you. We have not been properly introduced." replies Aethelus. "As intimated by our metal friend here, your name and background might be of concern in this investigation. As such I felt it necessary to stop and make right such social necessities. I am Aethelus d'Cannith."
"Ah, yes...thank you," she seems a bit intimidated by all the social niceties, "I heard your name before at the tavern, Sir Aethelus...err Milord d'Cannith. My name is Helen...Helen Kirke."

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Well known? I don't think so, no. I'm not sure. Do you think most people know the names of Magewrights?"

"Possibly not simply because of their profession. However, it occurs to me that most people aquire many characteristics and relationships over time. For example, if the girl's father were some sort of underworld figure, that might lead us to look at a rival organization. Who is or was the father, by the way?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh...Digory...Digory Henley," she gets even quieter with the mention of his name, back to her shyness when in the tavern.

(OOC: Nobody has Knowledge: Local, right? I rolled the other relevant checks on Digory Henley and nobody succeeds

Side note--as you may have seen, our friend Helen has 8 Charisma despite being relatively pretty because she is a complete wallflower. She's trying to be helpful, but she just doesn't naturally keep talking unless prompted.)

Patlin

Explorer
"And what is known of Mr. Henley? Is he alive or dead, and might anyone have an interest in him, or through him in you and your daughter?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Uhh...Professor...Professor Henley. He...he got the professorship over his...his work..."

"He's still alive, but...I don't anyone would want to hurt Lucy because of him..."

Patlin

Explorer
"Does he have regular contact with her? Where does he live, and could he have desired to abduct her from you? What is his field of study?"

Remove ads