Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No...she...she wouldn't...she didn't use to be able...to be able to have a...but she...she l...Lucy too--Lucy loves her! She wouldn't! She wouldn't! She would never...k...k-k-k...ki..."

"...kill my...my daughter...my Lucy..."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Kharas seems to have not realized that Anvuss is now talking with Helen. "That makes just no sense! If you want it to fly, you not only need to have his wing in mithral, but all his body. Normal steel! It just too heavy, and mithral is stronger anyway. There must be a reason to have chosen steel... maybe it is the interraction with that strange alloy." Kharas take a piece of the strange alloy and pocket it. "I'll need to analyze that later." Kharas turns aroudn and look at the three who are talking. "Nobody mind that... oh!" he felt silent and listen to the conversation to understand what is happening.

Patlin

Explorer
"Madame, I am not stating that this person wishes to harm your daughter, but in order to investigate we will need to consider all possibilities. Establishing a possible motive does not necessarilly indicate we have determined what did in fact happen. It seems worth investigating however, and as rapidly as possible."

"Did Lucy have any item on her person that might be sufficiently uniqe to identify magically? We might find her faster if we were able to employ some apropriate divinations."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What...oh...I'm sorry..."

"Yes...her locket...She doesn't always have it with her, but it's gone too, so she must have it now, I think...I could describe it...it's small and silver, shaped like a heart."

Velmont

First Post
Kharas turns to Aethelus and looks at him with an interrogative looks, obviously not understanding where the discussion is now. He comes nect to the Cannith and whispers to him. "Who is Lucy?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Yes, a description of Lucy's Locket would be quite usefull, particularly if it were quite exact."

ooc: Was Lucy's Locket in her pocket? (And yes, I have young children.) :) This may bode ill for our future bankroll, as ribbons spend poorly. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Helen describes the silver heart-shaped locket with some detail, at Anvuss's request, describing the engraved design and the little pictures inside of both Helen and Digory.*

(OOC: Obviously you should ask Kitty Fisher, not me :p)

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss takes in all the details.

Hmm. Do magewrights have the capacity to use a locate object spell, if we were to provide he with one? Anvuss wonders, trying to recall.

"Do you recognize the symbol we have reassembled?" He asks Helen.

Then, to the others:

"I propose we box up the construct and bring it with us while we pay a visit to the father and his wife. Potentially, further questions might be usefull before that, though I have momentarilly run out of things to ask."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Anvuss thinks that Magewrights can use Locate Object off a scroll, if the Artificers were able to create one.*

"No...it looks just like any other of those symbols...it isn't Digory's symbol..."

Velmont

First Post
Kharas doesn't wait to be asked. He start to gather the items and put them into his backpack, packing them with delicacy and trying to fit them all. If he can't he will try to find another container to put the other pieces in it.

Remove ads