Heroes Season 1(#18)---3/05/07-'Parasite' [careful - season 2 spoiler in thread]

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
heroes2.jpg

Parasite.

Star: Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh), Santiago Cabrera (Isaac Mendez), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli), Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura), Ali Larter (Niki Sanders), Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet), Jack Coleman (Mr. Bennet / HRG), Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah Sanders), Tawny Cypress (Simone Deveaux)

Recurring Role: Jimmy Jean-Louis (Mysterious Haitian), Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray/Sylar), Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet)

Guest Star: Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli), Randall Bentley (Lyle Bennet), Missy Peregrym (Candice Wilmer), Eric Roberts (Thompson), Thomas Dekker (Zach), Malcolm McDowell (Mr. Linderman), James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)
As the election and destruction of New York approach, Nathan meets up with Linderman. Hiro attempts to steal the sword heading him in a new path. Suresh and Sylar make progress with the list at great cost. D.L. begins to suspect problems at home. Isaac paints an even more terrible painting. A new hero, Candice Wilmer, appears. Simone isn't dead yet.​

Request:please...no more advance spoilers for the rest of season. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steel_Wind

Legend
This is a great episode -better than last week's in many ways (which in itself was probably the best episode to date).

Anyways - it's pretty much utterly worthy of the hype. Don't miss it!

Droogie

Explorer
Had me on the edge of my seat. I can't remember the last time a TV show made me involuntarily cheer and gasp. Can't wait for April 23rd.

Nice thing about the last scene: Peter's lock of hair dropping to the floor. I've been wanting to take the scissors to his head since episode 1. :p

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Well damn that was incredible! I barely know where to begin!

It seems that Peter is about to receive the scar that Future Hiro mentioned. I'm sort of hoping for an epic Peter vs. Sylar battle, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

My first impression of Candice is that she's a real bitch. She seems to enjoy tormenting people.

I'm assuming that Isaac's painting was of a screaming Peter, possibly with the top of his head gone? I'm not too sure who that was that he painted, but they seemed dead. Maybe we're about to find out the limit of Peter's ability to regenerate.

I'm wondering just how much longer Mohinder and HRG are going to live. Knowing about how the second season will have a new cast means that suddenly, anyone can die.

I can't wait until April 23rd! :D

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Well, I called it on Linderman knowing all about the supers, including Nathan, Peter and Claire. However, I did not see the FBI sting, the FBI sting falling apart, Suresh learning about Sylar, Sylar turning the tables on Suresh, Claire bolting or the role mother Patrelli is playing in the events.

Linderman’s prediction about Patrelli strikes me as true, so likely Nathan will stay alive in the second and third seasons. Whether Linderman can predict the future or his powers of control are such that he can choose who becomes the vice-president remains to be seen.

Sylar is only going to have Peter for a little while. In D&D terms he essentially won surprise and a grapple. The nature of Peter’s powers mean he’s gonna slip free soon enough.

Hrm…

I want something bad to happen to chameleon girl.

So, Isaac is back on the dope. And apparently has to dismember Simone’s body.

Kaodi

Hero
I don't remember the exact quote, but when Sylar says, " That's strange. This is usually the part where people start screaming, " you have to know that the beat down is about to begin in earnest. I can't wait until next Monday's episode to see how the fight goes.

Of course, we can be pretty sure that both survive. Sylar still has to kill Isaac, and while I briefly entertained the notion of Peter using Sylar's MO, I don't think he'd do it that way, no matter how angry he is at Simone's death.

Speaking of which... Looks like Bennett is toast, hehehe... Unless of course his new mind reading sidekick saves him at the last minute.

Notice how all of the Heroes working for the Company seem to be based on being effectively invisible? Claude is actually invisible, the Haitian can erase peoples memory of him, the new girl can look like other people, and Matt doesn't need to reveal himself to do his job, and he blends in well.

Wait... you're telling me I have to wait a month and a freakin' half for the next episode?! We just had a break at the mid way point in the series!! Why air one half, then wait, then a quarter, then a longer wait, then the last quarter?!

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
Alzrius said:
I'm assuming that Isaac's painting was of a screaming Peter, possibly with the top of his head gone?

The painting is not of Peter - it's of himself. The other painting shows the top of his skull on the floor and the gun nearby - the one Hiro picks up.

We've seen that happen already through Hiro's eyes back in Ep #2. Isaac is killed by Sylar (who now has his address, btw).

Nellisir

Hero
Alzrius said:
I'm assuming that Isaac's painting was of a screaming Peter, possibly with the top of his head gone? I'm not too sure who that was that he painted, but they seemed dead. Maybe we're about to find out the limit of Peter's ability to regenerate.
It was Isaac. When Hiro travels to the future the first time, he arrives at Isaac's apartment and finds him dead.

Nellisir

Hero
Kaodi said:
Notice how all of the Heroes working for the Company seem to be based on being effectively invisible? Claude is actually invisible, the Haitian can erase peoples memory of him, the new girl can look like other people, and Matt doesn't need to reveal himself to do his job, and he blends in well.

The thought occured to me as well.

I don't think she just "looks like other people", though. I think she projects visual (and tactile?) illusions, rather than being a shapechanger. She hid Simone's body on the bed from the police.

And...Claire-in-Hiding! Wow!!

Steel_Wind

Legend
Kaodi said:
the new girl can look like other people...

On this point, she's not a metamorph. She is not Mystique - she's an illusionist. Not only does she alter her own image - she makes Simone's body on the bed vanish too.

Her power is mental - not physical.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases