Gaming online, what should I use?

punkorange

First Post
I've seen fantasy grounds, and I'm very impressed. That was a couple of years ago though, and I was wondering what other software is out there competing with fantasy grounds, and how does it all stand up to each other?

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
You're looking for "virtual game table" (I don't know who coined that, but it's good) or "vgt" software. See the "VGT Comparison" thread on this page.

heruca

Explorer
punkorange said:
I've seen fantasy grounds, and I'm very impressed. That was a couple of years ago though, and I was wondering what other software is out there competing with fantasy grounds, and how does it all stand up to each other?

I've developed a virtual tabletop program called Battlegrounds: RPG Edition (see my sig for link).
v1.0 was released in November 2006, and v1.0.6 was just released today (in beta, for now).

It doesn't have all of Fantasy Grounds' features (particularly drawing tools and interactive character sheets), but it has a lot of features that FG doesn't have (sound support, saving token positions on a map, cross-platform, token facing, just to name a few).

If you really want to get up to speed on all the latest developments in VGTs lately, you should check out iCon (http://iconvention.org), an online game convention being held March 24-25. It's main purpose is to acquaint gamers with the various tools available and introduce them to this form of gaming online. It's completely free to attend.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases