Xbox 360

sckeener

First Post
I still haven't gotten an Xbox 360. I'm still waiting the game that will force me to get it. I avoided the Xbox until D&D Heroes and I'm looking for the game that will do the same for the Xbox 360.

Are there any CO-OP games only for the XBOX 360 in the same vein as Justice League, Champions of Norrath 1&2, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2, Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, or D&D Heroes?

I'm looking for games I can play with my fiancé. No split screens.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
If you a) don't have one and b) can get one, a Wii would probably be a better bet than a 360 for multiplayer games you play with another person in the room.

MS and Sony both seem enthralled by the prospect of online multiplayer, because, you know, console games *totally* didn't crush PC games during the period where the PC was heavily pushing online play. :absentrolleyessmiley:

The Wii, on the other hand, seems to be heavily pushing in-person multiplayer.

Aus_Snow

First Post
For what you seem to be after, I think the 360 would be the best of the 3 main current-gen consoles. Followed by the PS3, maybe. But if money is an object at all, probably not that.

That said, I'm not talking from direct experience of any of these. . . so, out of interest, just how many non-kiddy, non-FF-style RPG type games are there for the 360, and how many more are going to coming out?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Are you just interested in co-op action RPGs? I'm not sure the 360 has any of those that are exclusive.

I think the 360 does have a couple of co-op shooters. Earth Defense Force and Lost Planet. LP might be split screen, though, I dunno.

The PS3 has Untold Legends, which apparently has 2 player CO-Op (and 4 player Co-op online) but that got bad reviews.

You might get a couple of PSPs - there's at least 3 exclusive Action RPGs that have co-op mode (two Untold Legends games plus Dungeon Siege), though none are spectacular.

Banshee16

First Post
XBox 360 has Gears of War......which is a freakin good game. For RPGs, there's Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, and that's about it. I think it's likely too early at the moment. I purchased the first XBox only in 2005, so it was late in the life cycle, and there were lots of games. XBox 360 just isn't there yet.

Stuff that is coming out that looks interesting includes Mass Effect (RPG, Bioware), Elveon (RPG/action game www.elveon.net), Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom, Assassin's Creed, Age of Conan, and Project Offset (http://www.projectoffset.com/).

Forza 2 looks really good as well....and Halo 3.

Banshee

Baumi

Adventurer
If you liked D&D Heroes (awesome game!) then you will certainly like Marvel: Ultimate alliance. You can play with 4 players, have level ups (which can be automated if you don't like it) and is generally very streamlined, fun and has many characters to choose. 8D

Arnwyn

First Post
sckeener said:
I still haven't gotten an Xbox 360. I'm still waiting the game that will force me to get it. I avoided the Xbox until D&D Heroes and I'm looking for the game that will do the same for the Xbox 360.

Are there any CO-OP games only for the XBOX 360 in the same vein as Justice League, Champions of Norrath 1&2, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2, Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, or D&D Heroes?

I'm looking for games I can play with my fiancé. No split screens.
Simply put - no.

(Well, not quite - there's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but you can get the same game for the original Xbox.)

You'll be waiting for a while, I suspect.

Lazybones

Adventurer
I will second Ultimate Alliance, it's a lot of fun, and you can play through the entire game with up to four players.

Gears of War is split-screen, so you probably wouldn't like that.

There are also a lot of Xbox Live Arcade titles where you can play multiplayer co-op on one console. Most are fairly cheap ($5-10). Just off the top of my head I'm thinking of Assault Heroes, Heavy Weapon, Gauntlet, and Mutant Storm Reloaded; I'm sure there's more.

I don't know if you like sports games but a lot of those have co-op modes as well. I played a few games of NBA2k7 co-op with my dad (who's in his 60s) and we both had a good time.

ssampier

First Post
I have considered one myself. The PC games just aren't interesting me much anymore; I haven't owned a console since the original NES system.

I liked BGII on the PC and I dislike what few JRPGs I have seen (which honestly is mostly Final Fantasy and a few others). Ocassionally, I like a mindless action game. Adventure games (such as the older Prince of Persia) sound interesting.

Welverin

First Post
ssampier said:
Adventure games (such as the older Prince of Persia) sound interesting.

The newer ones are really good, i.e. Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and The Two Thrones. Tomb Raider Legend plays similarly as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases