Maure Castle

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am looking to recruit four players who want to raid Maure Castle.

Introduction
As a hardy and seasoned fortune-hunter, you know a good adventure when you see it. An old contact of yours named Alcor whom you've known for years has tipped you off about an explorer named Kerfane who disappeared about twenty-five years ago after having lived in a ruin near Maure Castle for nearly a decade. Alcor convinced you that Kerfane's journals are very valuable and that he is willing to reward you handsomely for retrieving them. It also does not hurt that the recovery of treasure is likely along the way. Alcor believes the place to be uninhabited, but before you left he related that the place has a reputation for surpassingly deadly traps.

I expect players to create lively characters with a reasonable background, but I don't expect anything too detailed.

Campaign Setting: Greyhawk
Rules: 3.5 core rules only.
Number of Players: 4
Campaign Date: 21st of Reaping, 594 CY
Level: 12th
Ability Scores: 25 point buy.
Equipment: 88,000 gp.
Hit Points: Max at 1st. Average each level thereafter.
Age, Height, Weight: All characters may be adult or middle-age, though I will track campaign time in case your character ages to the next category. I prefer height and weight be generated randomly.
Alignment: Any.
Religion: Select from PH or LGG.

Special Note
The Appraise skill is a valuable tool in my campaigns for ensuring you get wealthy. Whenever you examine any object that may have monetary value, I will roll an Appraise check for you and inform you if you discover the item is valuable. Wholesale looting of dungeons and taking everything but the kitchen sink is impractical in most cases.

Character Submisstion Guidelines
Post your character here. I encourage players to develop a cohesive background since it is assumed you have adventured together before (although the extent of this is up to you).

Edit: Forgot to list starting level.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'd like to give this game a shot.
Given the GP, I'm assuming 12th level.

Gimlak Karak, LN Dwarf cleric 7/taumathurgist 5, summoner extraordinaire, scolar of strange and exotic creatures.

This character could fit with virtually any group. I'll wait to get a go/no-go before I complete the character.

Cheers,

SG

Rhun

First Post
I'm interested, but wanted to give some other people time to express their interest first since I'm already playing in several other games here.

Imerak

First Post
I could use another game. Rough character concept is as follows:

Mellena Brach, LN human, 6th-level wizard/6th-level loremaster, obsessive collector of books and knowledge

If it sounds okay, I'll build it tomorrow.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hey, higher than starting level! yay!
I'll be submitting either a Human Sorceror (boom mage) or a Monk/Duelist. (Nimble fighter type)
Edit - On second thought, nimble fighter types don't work without awesome stats, and I just noticed the 25 point buy, so Boom Mage it is.

Now, by Core do you mean PHB/DMG only?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Imerak said:
I could use another game. Rough character concept is as follows:

Mellena Brach, LN human, 6th-level wizard/6th-level loremaster, obsessive collector of books and knowledge

If it sounds okay, I'll build it tomorrow.

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to see it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Hey, higher than starting level! yay!
I'll be submitting either a Human Sorceror (boom mage) or a Monk/Duelist. (Nimble fighter type)
Edit - On second thought, nimble fighter types don't work without awesome stats, and I just noticed the 25 point buy, so Boom Mage it is.

Now, by Core do you mean PHB/DMG only?

And MM, but only in cases where necessary, such as summoning.

Sounds like a decent concept, although there is already a mage. Not that two mages ever hurt things. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
Not that two mages ever hurt things. :)
Um.. except our opponents. :)

And actually if we're starting Twelfth level, my Boom mage won't be JUST that, he'll also be a Transmuter. I LOVE transmutation spells! Make opponent dead, make stone into chair, make me sexier, build house, destroy house, etc, etc, etc... :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases