Unconverted Polyhedron creatures

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Now that I compare the stat blocks in Polyhedron #129 with MC11, it does appear that way. The stat blocks are nearly the same, but there are some differences. Not significant enough to warrant a separate conversion though, so I'll drop them from the list.

Was Polyhedron #129 the first time saurials/lacerials appeared in print? And if so, I wonder why were they renamed in their subsequent appearances?

As a complete aside, I've just noticed that the Table of Contents for MC11 has page numbers. For a set of unnumbered loose-leaf pages. That's not very useful!

Shade

Monster Junkie
Echohawk said:
Now that I compare the stat blocks in Polyhedron #129 with MC11, it does appear that way. The stat blocks are nearly the same, but there are some differences. Not significant enough to warrant a separate conversion though, so I'll drop them from the list.

Was Polyhedron #129 the first time saurials/lacerials appeared in print? And if so, I wonder why were they renamed in their subsequent appearances?

I'm not sure...I'd normally turn to you for such information. :lol:

I'd hazard to guess that they were simply renamed for the Malatra/Living Jungle campaign setting. The first saurial appearance I can remember was in Curse of the Azure Bonds (good ol' Dragonbait).

Echohawk said:
As a complete aside, I've just noticed that the Table of Contents for MC11 has page numbers. For a set of unnumbered loose-leaf pages. That's not very useful!

No, it isn't! :p

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Shade said:
I'd hazard to guess that they were simply renamed for the Malatra/Living Jungle campaign setting. The first saurial appearance I can remember was in Curse of the Azure Bonds (good ol' Dragonbait).
Yes, that's probably what happened. I'll index the lacerials as a variation of the saurials.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that, and Living Greyhawk Journal - what little i have seen of that was cooler than i expected.

Garnfellow

Explorer
I think I have all of the first 30 issues or so, and I think there are a few more critters I could add to the list. There's an icy elemental thingie from James Ward, for sure.

In general, the magazine was a little meh to me -- lots of Gangbusters, Boot Hill, Top Secret, and Gamma World support, and I never played those games. A few issues had some extremely cool adventures, though -- Mentzer's "Great Bugbear Hunt" and the "Bigby's Tomb" mondules were really cool. And Dave Cook had one with eveyone's favorite demon prince of slime.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow, if you could check issues #19 and #34, that would be very helpful. Other than those two (plus #87 and #100) I either have each issue, or the issue is in the post on its way to me. I know there are a few omissions in the above list, but I am updating it each time I track down another Polyhedron.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases