Creature Collection II

Hey Garnfellow! :)

Garnfellow said:
Does anyone know which designer contributed what monsters to this book? I'm curious, for example, which ones Mike Mearls added.

Don't know which ones Mike had in there, but I had seven monsters published in that book:

Daemon, Moon (they changed my initial concept which actually had a woman's torso growing out of the top of the creatures head)
Devil, Iron
Dragon, Slarecian
Elder Larva
Mirror Fiend
Naga, Crown (they changed the initial concept which was a 9-headed naga ruler - hence the name Crown Naga, and used the stats for another monster I submitted called a Devil Naga, which was an amphisbaena type naga)
Naga, Hollow

I can sort of understand the change to the Crown Naga, because it was a CR 25 super monster, which would have made it a mover and shaker of sorts and may have upset where they wanted to go with regards Mormo's followers. But I totally don't understand the changes to the Moon Daemon. It went from being an interesting monster to a meat and potatoes werewolf clone.

Moorcrys

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Hey Garnfellow! :)

Don't know which ones Mike had in there, but I had seven monsters published in that book:

Daemon, Moon (they changed my initial concept which actually had a woman's torso growing out of the top of the creatures head)
Devil, Iron
Dragon, Slarecian
Elder Larva
Mirror Fiend
Naga, Crown (they changed the initial concept which was a 9-headed naga ruler - hence the name Crown Naga, and used the stats for another monster I submitted called a Devil Naga, which was an amphisbaena type naga)
Naga, Hollow

I can sort of understand the change to the Crown Naga, because it was a CR 25 super monster, which would have made it a mover and shaker of sorts and may have upset where they wanted to go with regards Mormo's followers. But I totally don't understand the changes to the Moon Daemon. It went from being an interesting monster to a meat and potatoes werewolf clone.

Yeah my Dreamwraith made it in, but its special abilities were 'genericized' quite a bit. It's been years so I don't remember the specifics.

Gez

First Post
I had three monsters published, the Ashcloud, the Dragavial, and the Fireglare Dragon. I think the Ashcloud was in CC2, and the two others in what would have been CC3 but ended up something else.

I think Nightfall submitted the boarlike fiend, and maybe something else too, I don't really remember.

As for the Moon Daemon, I think they were afraid it would have been two weird. :)

Nookie

Explorer
Blood Reaper (was origonaly a type of demon who could ignight your blood and bur you out)
Belsmeth Spider(vangaul spider origonaly, spies for vangual)
dark womb (not a corpulent thing nor a hag, was a comely woman\queen termite centaur type thing similar in mechanics to the book version)

Remove ads