Area of Effect/Size Printable Templates?

frankthedm

First Post
carborundum said:
For a 2x2x2 cube, the longest diagonal has one side 2 long and one 2.8. This works out at about 3.5 (3.46) - what would you call that? A cost of seven for four diagonal 3D hops, I guess.
Seven for Four sounds exacly like would become two for one when simplified to the same standard of three for two.
carborundum said:
Sorry, not quite sure what you mean with the "two furthest" thing, Mr. Frank. I'm glad you liked the argument though :)
If it costs 2 squares of area* to travel from A to H, which of the above 3 3D areas would best aproximate that.

*In the same way going diagonaly across a square costs one then 2, one then 2.

Attachments

• 3d grid track.GIF
    3d grid track.GIF
    3.2 KB · Views: 769

carborundum

Adventurer
Do you mean, if the internal space long diagonal thingy (AH) is two instead of three-and-a-half?
Sorry, pretend for a sec that I'm really dumb (or foreign). In what way does cube ABCDEFGH relate to the 20' sphere?
Do you want exact volume figures instead of counting cubes?
Or . . . do you mean that you want a spere with a different radius than the 4 cube-sides, 20' radius?

Doh, frustrating, sorry!

frankthedm

First Post
Lets all do the bump!

Here is a ready to print Round, No-Grid Fireball and Stinking cloud.

Attachments

• fb.doc
    1 MB · Views: 369
  • gascloud.JPG
    gascloud.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 670

Theocrat

First Post
Hi all -
Frank The DM, wonderful works.
Now, how do I make this work better for my maps. I use the Chessex Battle Mat with 1 1/2" squares so that things aren't so cramped. Although WotC's mini's are more true 25MM than are Reapers (which are 27MM) I still prefer the bigger map. We did run into this issue at the last game. I had 4 Ogre Skeletons in a room that could only realistically fit 3. Because they fit the squares much easier, so I've had to cut out cardboard bases for Large, Huge and Gargantuan, I just happen to forget sometimes.
I have several of the WotC DDM/ D&D Day spell templates that they did - very excellent. With those in mind, and to fit my bigger mat, I've tapped several transparency's togeather and traced the lines for my mat to make several templates.
However, they're no where near as cool as these here.
So, how do I use Publisher, Photoshop, or some other program to extend these templates out to a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 squares?
In looking at the Hard vs Soft versions the templates, I'm reminded that this is the reason some people use Hexs instead of Squares for their games.
Thank you for the work on thsese that you've done, I do appreciate it.
Be Well. Be Well Templated.
Theocrat Issak

frankthedm

First Post
Theocrat said:
So, how do I use Publisher, Photoshop, or some other program to extend these templates out to a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 squares?
In the program, lock ratio and change the size until the image it 1.5" per square.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Know ye well that the foul necromancy I perfom today has reason! Those of the Olde World will find this template quite useful.

Be sureth to lock all ratios and ensure the template be printed at eight inches long!

firemathcu3.gif
fireum4.gif

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Nail said:
Err?

What is it? :confused:
2nd ed Warhammer fantasy Roleplay template for flames and other cones. Measurements came off the Printable PDF Black industries gives out, Not sure how close it matches up to the current Warhammer / 40K. I know it is smaller than the older 10 & 5/8th" flame fantasy template.

Remove ads