Epic Problem : Return to Power

Nephtys

First Post
Tailspinner said:
Jool looks over at Ijazim. "I am ready for action. Let us be off."

"That is well, my lady. But I'm afraid your power might be too apparent. Your stature draws the eye and while we still have worthy enemies on this world subtlety may have its uses. If our enemies learn too much of us they will be able to take us by surprise, and if they do we may suffer some casualties before killing them all. Have you any means of disguising your fearsome beauty?"

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Nephtys said:
"That is well, my lady. But I'm afraid your power might be too apparent. Your stature draws the eye and while we still have worthy enemies on this world subtlety may have its uses. If our enemies learn too much of us they will be able to take us by surprise, and if they do we may suffer some casualties before killing them all. Have you any means of disguising your fearsome beauty?"

She shakes her large head from side-to-side. "None!"

Voidrazor

First Post
"Revered Ijazim, your willingness to employ such potent resources on our behalf is most appreciated. Yet, even you may find it difficult to incant spells while in the ionosphere. So close to the heavens there is little air for speech. Perhaps a lesser height, perhaps eight miles be enough to get our bearings. If you prefer, I would be willing to simply fly through the storm myself. Although Jool's patience would most likely be tested by the hour that would take."

OOC - Knowledge History 54, Knowledge Local 57 to remember the name of the Bard and get bearings.

pallandrome

First Post
Salarassa makes a slight frown and scratches his chin a little, "That's right isn't it, I did say contact didn't I. Then I apologize for inadvertantly misleading you, but our conversation on the matter was somewhat abrupt. Regardless, I have not met him."

Salarassa steps away from the group to stare up into the gathering storm. "However, I'd rather a more...conventional method of approaching civilization. There is a city to the west, a scant few hundred miles, and from there I suspect we'll find little difficulty in locating the bard we seek. We've no need to fling ourselves into the airless reaches of outerspace, where breathing and speaking become nearly impossible."

Nephtys

First Post
"That's a good point, but I have other means at my disposal." He opens the portable hole and pulls out the Mirror of Mental Prowess. Standing it securely on the ground he looks at the heavens above the night-side of the world and then steps trough. "Wait here."
Enjoying the view (as well as the harmful radiation and vaccuum) for a moment he looks down upon the planet until he spots a few likely light-sources and then steps back. After Healing himself of any injuries he may have suffered and putting the Mirror back into the Hole he then opens a Gate to the outskirts of the most prominent apparent city.

(If the Mirror itself allows a good enough view of the planet he doesn't bother stepping out into space but simply casts the gate spell then and there)

"After you, milady." he grins at Jool. "Dutchess, may I have the pleasure?" He bows and holds out his arm to the elven girl, who smiles at him and licks her lips before gracefully taking his arm, and follows the half-dragon trough on his carpet.
"From this point on we must make haste. We can not avoid drawing attention, for our power is plain for all to see, but we should at least attempt to avoid provoking too much sentiment. The faster word of mouth spreads the sooner we can expect our enemies to drop down on us out of nowhere."

Avalon®

First Post
Xis'talamarisk spits on the ground on his side before he turns to address his companions. The clouds of the ensuing storm casting a dull grey reflection which is only punctuated by the occasional flash of lightning on the dark, almost obsidian lenses of his goggles as he speaks to them. As he opens his mouth, the roar of thunder spreads across the bowl of rock. He then begins to speak in a deep and commanding voice that is more fitting to a person like the half-dragon. "This ground is too open for my tastes. Where is this city you speak of? Anywhere would be better than this god-forsaken piece of rock."

[sblock= What he wants]Xis craves power, knowledge, and to connect more deeply with his draconic ancestors. The lady offered him all of this and more. She told him of the story of Darastrixhurthi, the first kobold city. She told him that it lies on the prime and only through its rise back to prosperity can he attain his desires.[/sblock]

pallandrome

First Post
"Jool, I think I can disguise you for at least a little bit while we get our bearings."

Salarassa casts a quick spell upon himself, and then an illusion on Jool, making her look like a fit, powerfully built human woman in leather armor, before stepping through the portal.

ooc: cast Voice of the Dragon on myself, Persistant Image on Jool

Voidrazor

First Post
Panarchus waits for the others to step through the mirror before calling upon the namesake of which he is an aspect. "May the eye of He Who Shall Arise lie upon this place enduringly, that we may know who comes after and profit thereby." He then steps through to join the others.

OOC - Panarchus casts Miracle for an extra long duration Arcane Eye. If Ijazim wishes to be the last to go through or is planning to Gate over, carrying the mirror, P. will cast Miracle with him present.

Jemal

Adventurer
After a few moments you find yourselves on the outskirts of a rather large town (Without having to traverse outer space). None of you can quite think of which city this would be, though you are able to figure out that you are in the "United Alliance", a rather large country ruled mainly by 3 guilds, the Mages, the Warriors, and the Thieves.

You appear a few hundred yards away near the main road leading into the town. It doesn't appear to be a busy day, only 3 wagons being visible, 1 leaving, 2 coming. The walls are high and guarded, but the gate is open. You spot a flier on the ground expounding on the re-opening of the "World Famous Inn of the Dizzy Sheep"

[sblock=voidrazor, pallandrome]
You have both heard of the bard, who has never that you recall been named. He is usually referred to as "the Ancient One", because he is said to be millenia old. He never stays in one place long, prefering to travel, see the world (Or more accurately, to see what's changed since the last time), and on those occasions that he does stop and stay in a town for a while, he finds an Inn and passes on his stories and information to whoever he thinks needs it.

PS Void - I'll give Arcane Eye at 10min/caster level with Miracle.
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

As her form changes she looks herself over. Frowning slightly she decides to step through the portal. Once on the other side she awaits the other's lead. She is a woman of action. She knows nothing of diplomacy. "What now?"

Remove ads