Epic Problem : Return to Power

Jemal

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
ooc:[sblock]
And this one has saves trough the stratosphere, probably a huge charisma bonus as well as both fully functional Paladin and Blackguard levels... Or does Ijazim have any other theories about why her saves are unbeatable?
Knowledge (arcana) (Int):......25 (19+5+1)
Knowledge (history) (Int):......23 (17+5+1)
Knowledge (religion) (Int):......39 (33+5+1)
Knowledge (the planes) (Int):.36 (30+5+1)
Spellcraft (Int):....................39 (33+5+1)
[/sblock]
Voidrazor: Damn, I'm glad you're on our team ;).

[sblock=Nephtys]
Nice guess, did I give it away or are you psychic? Yes, both Pal and Blackguard levels function, though I didn't add Cha bonus twice. All of her saves are legal for her level. The fact that she's higher level, has good stats, and is very multiclassed (Hence high base saves) is why she makes them.

And they're not unbeatable.. Well, her Reflex and Will saves aren't; Fort = Good freaking luck.
[/sblock]

*too tired to update right now, will do so tommorow*

Last edited:

pallandrome

First Post
OOC: On his way to the battle, Salarassa casts Sonorous Hum, Sirene's Grace, and Improvisation. My Reflex and Will saves both go up by 2, and my AC is now 47. I also gain the ability to easily beat that darn bard at perform checks, which I will only demonstrate if there is time after the battle *grin*. I also have 32 luck points to spend.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
The Disciple looks around at Ijazim, glaring as he speaks. She stands still while you fling spell after spell at her, the first two having no effect. She doesn't even attempt to dodge the blade barriers, standing there while they slice, laughing at the trails of blood on her face. The laughter doesn't seem to slow as you slam her with a Feelemind. "You will see the truth soon enough" She calmly walks through the blades, and strides through the temple doors, grabbing the cowering man who'd been off to the side and slamming them behind her.

*OOC :
Others - The Temple is a ways away from the Inn, it'll take at least a few rounds.. What're your travel speeds?

Nephtys - I'll allow you to replace the Firestorm spell with another damage-dealer, as Ijazim would know that Half-Red Dragon's are immune to fire, just like their full-dragon ancestor/parent.

pallandrome

First Post
OOC: Since it's a good dista ce away, I'll also cast Allegro, Which makes my movement speed (and that of the bard with me, and any of the other party members who might want it and happen to be in range) 60ft. At a run, that's 240ft/rd.

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=Nephtys]
Nice guess, did I give it away or are you psychic? Yes, both Pal and Blackguard levels function, though I didn't add Cha bonus twice. All of her saves are legal for her level. The fact that she's higher level, has good stats, and is very multiclassed (Hence high base saves) is why she makes them.

And they're not unbeatable.. Well, her Reflex and Will saves aren't; Fort = Good freaking luck.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jemal]Well, I figured that only a doubled charisma bonus could explain her making that many saves against those very high DCs. That and the fact that you wrote that she'd been studying under the most powerful Good (G) and Evil (E) warriors in her time. It's either that or she's been buffed up by the Seventh and his non-magic magical powers... [/sblock]

Jemal said:

Nephtys - I'll allow you to replace the Firestorm spell with another damage-dealer, as Ijazim would know that Half-Red Dragon's are immune to fire, just like their full-dragon ancestor/parent.

ooc: I don't really have any more damage dealers, and I'm saving my Miracle for later. So, I'm not casting anything in exchange for the Firestorm, but keeping the spell uncast. Thanks anyway :).

--

He pulls open the doors, his face dark with rage and humiliation. "This is not over," He casts a single (Q) spell*, holding the charge he walks after her and brushes his fingers across her armour (ignoring any attack she makes in reply) "The Goddess will not be denied."

*Maddening Scream (Identical to Irressistable Dance but causes temporary insanity, Touch Attack, No Save, 1d4+1 rounds.)

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
Xis has a fly speed of 110 ft. (average). En route to the temple, he casts greater blink, protection from good, protection from evil, protection from law, and protection from chaos.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: OK, I'll alert the rest of you when you get there, should be a couple more rounds for Ijazim to solo.

Ijazim casts the spell and walks up to the door. As he reaches it, his antilife shell collapses. Opening the door, he sees the disciple 10 feet away, grinning. He takes a step in and realizes as the Magic fades from him that he is in antimagic. He also sees the man (Now strangely vibrant, a gleam in his eyes) whispering in the Disciple's ear. She doesn't move, just listening to him and smiling at you.

"HE says this is FATHER'S place, and Mother has no power here."

Over her shoulder you see a statue, which you recognize as the Saint Galidor, a man who achieved god-hood in his fight against The Void millenia ago.

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
"We shall see." Ijazim turns and walks back, touches a Pearl of Power in his pocket and once again casts Disjunction (Caster level 34), targeting the Antimagic. If he successfully brings down the Antimagic field he slams down a Wall of Stone around the Disciple and her servant. If he fails to bring down the antimagic effect he, trembling in rage and gibbering obscene curses, unleashes spell after spell* against the facade of the temple (and, if the facade is also protected against the Plaza and the surrounding buildings).

*Firestorm, Firestorm, Earthquake, Flame Strike.

Next round, he tries once again to bring down the Antimagic effect, using another 9th level Pearl of Power and a Disjunction. If that fails he continues throwing a fit, if it succeeds he (temporarily) traps the Disciple and her disciple with a Wall of Stone and then moves after them so that he can hit her with a Maddening Scream the round after that. If he can't get close enough to use a MS spell, he'll cast a Miracled Wall of Force to trap them until someone more powerful comes along to defeat her.

ooc: So the Mother wouldn't mind the if he made a few scorchmarks and cracks in the face of the temple, I suppose...
Btw, Since the Disciple is not originally from this plane, could she be Banished? The spell affects extraplanars, but it has a save so it's pretty much a last ditch long shot.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Ijazim blasts away the Antimagic in the foyer and covers the two of them in a Wall of Stone, then moves up beside it, waiting, but nothing comes out.

OOC: No, Mother wouldn't mind at all :) she'd probably be pleased. As for the Banishment, no she's still 'human', just like (most of) the PC's. You can't be banished either.. Salrassa, on the other hand, IS an outsider.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases