Kobold

Seeten

First Post
I am considering playing a Dragonwrought Kobold with Improved Dragon Wings, so basically with all feats pre-chosen, and I want to make a spellcaster type Kobold.

I'd like some suggestions on base class/prestige class combos you'd do. I'm not sure at all where I want to take it, Swordsage/Warmage/Jade Phoenix Mage, or Sorcerer/Mage/Ultimate Magus, or Artificer...just not sure. I'm hoping one of you guys will come up with something I never thought of. =)

TIA

Jack Simth

First Post
Well, "all feats pre-chosen" limits your options a mite for PrC's. So you mostly want to go with something you can stick with for 20 levels. Warlock, Artificer, Druid, or the like.

Darklone

Scout. You're flying all the time anyhow, so you want to hit real bad if you do.

Or go Dragon Shaman for flavor, even if you'll have a lot of redundance.

Klaus

First Post
For a Dragonwrought Kobold going down the Dragon Wings route, the best options are classes that give you bonus feats. Since you're investing heavily into those wings, you should go all the way and take the Stormtalon PrClass from Races of the Wild (it's raptoran-only, but the Adaptation entry says it can be used as-is for any winged race). And, like Darklone said, Scout (or any class that grants Skirmish) turns your weakness (need to move every round) into an asset.

If you're set into playing a spellcaster, I'd say go Warlock. Your eldritch blast is a standard action already, so you can move + blast every round. You'll get a decent AC (light armor + size + natural armor + Dex), decent skills and your eldritch blast packs quite a punch at later levels.

Seeten

First Post
If I go semicaster, I'd go Dragonfire Adept, rather than Warlock, but yeah, I considered that. I'd love to do Fighter, but the group REALLY doesnt need another fighter. Nor does it need a scout, I dont think. Its completely without any sort of arcane caster, though.

Klaus

First Post
I'm not too keen on the Dragonfire Adept (I'll have to take a closer look at it), and I find the flavor of the Warlock very easy to adapt. I mean, an Eldritch Blast doesn't *need* to come from your hands in a HADUOKEN! kind of way. It might just as well come from your mouth in a breath weapon style.

Seeten

First Post
The nice thing about the Dragonfire adept is it gives skills, and breath weapon, and stuff, the breath effects are nice too, and cones and stuff are automatic. A few less invocations than warlock, but more flavorful for a dragon, imo

Still, it seems sort of weak, mechanically.

Darklone

Klaus said:
I'm not too keen on the Dragonfire Adept (I'll have to take a closer look at it), and I find the flavor of the Warlock very easy to adapt. I mean, an Eldritch Blast doesn't *need* to come from your hands in a HADUOKEN! kind of way. It might just as well come from your mouth in a breath weapon style.
I have a warlock right now in my group... kobold, possessed by a draconic spirit. At least he thinks so. Draconic heritage feats as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases