Revised Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth Coming Soon...

Shroomy

Adventurer
I found this in a sidebar in the "Variant Gorgons" web article on the WoTC website:

Fans of the 1st edition adventure Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth may remember a similar creature: the gorgimera, a chimeric creature with lion, dragon and gorgon heads, lurking outside the dreaded mountain. Look for a revision to this classic module coming to the website in the days ahead, along with a revision of this creature!

I first heard about this on the Necromancer Games Forum thread on "The Return to the Temple of the Frog," but it now looks official.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Let the drooling commence!

Although, to be fair, much of my drooling is inspired by memories of teenage lust over the picture of Drelnza.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Cool!

I have to say, though, that Variant Gorgons article was a pile. It would have been really nice to see some variant breathweapons, particularly one with a higher DC that slowly turned people to stone, like the new PHB2 spell.

And also, Elder Eidolon Gorgon? C'mon...

Kunimatyu

First Post
It's a very clever way for WotC to advertise their Monster Manuals, and to give a little extra to the players that have already bought them.

Several of the adventures (Temple of the Frog especially) use monsters from non-SRD sources, and the monster stats aren't given, they merely list a monster manual and a page number, which means that you need to own that book to effectively use the module(or sub in an appropriate critter from elsewhere).

It's not something WotC would try in a module you paid for, but it's absolutely acceptable in a free module, and seeing as how I own most of the mosnter manuals, I like it. :)

Remove ads