Always wanted to fight/Never want to fight

Fishbone

First Post
Post all of the fights you've wanted to happen but never have and some of the fights that you fear.
I've always wanted to tango in-game with a Huge Krenshar. CR 5, attacks at +15, HP for days, and a nifty ability.
I never want to have to fight a Dread Wraith. An elite 20 dice Dread Wraith is a total house. 130 HP, incorporeality, AC over 30, undead immunities and the dodge/mobility/spring attack with 50 feet of flight along with a very nasty 1d8 Con drain, not damage but drain.
Check please. I fear for my Mongrelfolk barbarian if the DM ever breaks one of these out.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
I've always wanted to put the players up against D&D gods or demon lords in a way that makes the encounter sane and not just I-Win-Because-I-Have-Item-X.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I have always wanted to play in/ run a Balls to the Walls assault on the lower planes -
twinked out hunters vs hordes of Evil - anyone not able to kill a 5hd outsider in a single hit, or hose 50 of them with only minor wounds need not apply.

I only had one party finally reach that level. Mostly they avoided fighting hordes, as they were not specialized enough to mow through crowds endlessly. Instead managed to find and off the demon lords mortal servants, sacrificing only a single PC while the others blocked the lords entry rather than fighting it directly.

Woas

First Post
I always wanted to run the "prefect" encounter with a dragon. That is, one that doesn't end too quickly cause the party either kills the dragon in 3 rounds by trapping it in some absurd way that I didn't think of or the dragon kills the party in 3 rounds cause the party was being ignorant to the fact they were fighting a dragon.

I never want to be or run an encounter involving absurd cthulhu creatures... this includes 97% of all aberations. They are stupid and just too "sci-fi" for my "swords and sorcery".
....ok i've been in several encounters with aberations before here and there. But I'd never want to play in a game where those creatures were the main enemy that we had to face. And I would never make a campaign that utilizes them.

Fishbone

First Post
For all my love of Daemons/Yugoloths I've never fought against them in 3rd edition.
They seem like very worthy foes, though.
The Ultraloth in particular looks like a really crafty handful.
The creature I never want to fight? Ambush drakes. I watched an 11th level party be brought to their knees by a spring attacking 15 diced Ambush drake with a level of Barbarian and his two 11 dice buddies.
The poison was brutal as hell on the Scout and the slow effects pretty much neutered the Arcanist. The DM used flanking, higher ground, and fly-by attacks to their utmost.
Very, very ugly.
At lower levels, say before access to 5th level spells a party of Ambush drakes would have me running in the other direction!

Emirikol

Adventurer
I've always wanted to run a 3.5E game against goblins and kobolds with the same "fear" that you had in BD&D. Now you have to have 40:1 odds against the players to even make it a challenge at first level. POWER UP ANYONE?

LEAST WANT: Any high level games..ever again...14th+

jh

Razilin

First Post
I've ALWAYS wanted to the fight the Tarrasque.

Barring that, I've ALWAYS wanted to run the Tarrasque in a game.

To that end, my current campaign world is slowly building toward a showdown with a Tarrasque. Mind you, none of the multitude of games run before or since had ANYTHING to do with a Tarrasque. However, if I count up all the players from those games...there's about 15 of them. Ranging from levels 4 to upper teens.

I want to run a short mini-game when the players (or perhaps just the party leaders) team up to take down a Tarrasque. And not just any Tarrasque. Oh, no, for a massive team up that's really just an excuse for 5-15 folks to drink some brew and roll a few dice, the Tarrasque needed to be templated. I put on more templates on that beastie that I don't think its even legal anymore.

So yeah, I really wanna see a Tarrasque in action.

Draxo

First Post
blargney the second said:
I've always wanted to fight some giants, preferably in the frost or fire flavours.

Oh the horror stories... Giants are the bane of my fighter heavy group.

Me? I'll give another vote for the tarrasque.

Remove ads