Now Available - MonkeyGod Presents: The Hero Snare

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
[imager]http://highmoonmedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/mge-herosnare_th.jpg[/imager]Highmoon Media Productions and MonkeyGod Enterprises present The Hero Snare.

Kobolds. The lowest rung on the humanoid ladder, the laughingstock of the adventuring community. They fall by the score, bleed life after worthless life into the earth, good for nothing but fertilizer for the grasses. They aren't real monsters; they're hardly even pests!

Frankly, Thane Kithslek of the Clan Menziguai is bloody well sick and tired of it. Being driven from their lands time after time, with hundreds of promising young pups lost to the nasty-bright blades of human invaders, has finally grown intolerable. It's just about time for the kobolds--those “pathetic,” “weak,” “useless” little kobolds--to show these human scum exactly what it is they're dealing with.

And it is the province of Thessalaine, isolated from the main forces of the King of Surengol, still recovering from last year's drow and orc raids against its capital city of Madradur, that presents the most promising target.

Kithslek and his Menziguai kobolds are putting the “crawl” back in the dungeon--and your heroes may never laugh at them again.

The Hero Snare is a d20 fantasy dungeon-crawl adventure for 7th- & 8th-level characters.

Written by: Ari Marmell
Cover by: Scott Fischer
Artwork by: Jim Branch, Craig Zipse
Fully Bookmarked

Buy from:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Nope, they won't. Ari made damn sure of that.

I'd like to see a running tally of adventurers vs. kobolds for everyone that runs this adventure. I'm sure there's a contest in there (help me folks).

ChefOrc

First Post
What makes this an adventure that I should buy? What are its strengths that make it stand out from, let's say, a typical adventure from Dungeon magazine?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
What's the physical setting here? My player characters are going to need to break into a kobold complex late in the campaign, most likely, and while I'm likely to go with 0one Blueprints Caverns of Chaos, I've heard this is a scary kobold dungeon, which works for me, too.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
ChekOrc and Whizbang, I'm gonna let Ari handle those. He should be by soon.

Sigurd, it's 3.0 and it's done from the original layout files, so it's searchable and you can copy/paste.

ChefOrc said:
What makes this an adventure that I should buy? What are its strengths that make it stand out from, let's say, a typical adventure from Dungeon magazine?

Well, my intent when writing Hero Snare was to take a creature that's normally not considered much of a threat even at low levels, and make them dangerous to a mid-level party. The dungeons of the module are designed specifically to showcase the advantages and creativity of the kobolds, and to show the PCs (and players) that nothing can be taken for granted. It is (I hope) an excellent showcase in how to use factors such as the environment and positioning to make a mundane encounter exciting and dangerous. It uses kobolds in a way that people talk about, but I've rarely if ever actually seen in print--specifically, as creative guerilla warriors willing to use traps, terrain, and hit-and-run tactics to wear down even a well-prepared group of adventurers.

In short, if you're looking for suggestions on how to make "easy" creatures challenging, or for ways to truly surprise your players, you should find something worthwhile in this module.

I realize that all the above is a bit vague; I'm trying to avoid specific spoilers. But if you've got further questions, or want clarification, I'm happy to oblige.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases