The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"They were shifty, greedy, and untrustworthy. They claimed to have found nothing, but even as they did so and we discussed our interest, the shifter among them grew more and more agitated until finally whispering to his leader that he needed to tell her something, perhaps implying that the shifter knows exactly what we want but kept it from the others and refuses to tell us. It may also be worth noting that the Lord of Blades employed shifters against us last time Brother and I fought his servants. That is all we know for now. The day is almost done, and we were not a match for the wicked adventurers in our current state if we pressed the issue."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I agree, I think they're hiding something. We should see if we can follow them and find out more. They'll have to leave the tavern sometime."

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

"There were four of them -- a female human, two male half-orcs, and a male shifter. The woman had a raven on her shoulder which I assumed was her familiar, but I suppose we didn't actually see her cast a spell; it might have just been her pet. The half-orcs looked more like fighters than psions. I couldn't tell anything about the shifter." He pauses.

"I thought what the shifter was hiding was that he was getting suspicious -- I thought perhaps he'd seen us earlier, or I was getting tripped up in the stories I was telling. But I couldn't tell for sure."

Someone

Adventurer
As the group talks about their recent findings a discreetly dressed man enters the tavern. He doesn't announce himself, instead he walks towards Brews and lets slip a small pouch on the counter as he speaks softly. Then he joins you in the private room, bringing a chair. He's a bit short and pale man, very celanly shaved and groomed and dressed in gray and black nonchalant clothes that make difficult to pinpoint social class or ocupation. He wears no visible weapons or armor.

"I believe you had time to consider on my offer. I hope for our collective good you're not predisposed against it - otherwise we can talk about numbers."

ooc: For several reasons I think this is a good time to share experience. This includes time bonuses as well as bonuses for roleplaying, propelling the game forward and good thinking. They go as follows:

Raven 750
Siobhan 700
Niccolo 650
Stulgar 600
Latharion 550

Manzanita

First Post
"They hardly sound like they've been going around outsmarting people. But they're brave. They were in the Mournlands, weren't they? Not a place for the faint-hearted. We don't know why either. Perhaps it was just a coincidence that they were there."

"In any case, it sounds like if they did find the crystal, they didn't know its value. Though, with all the attention they've been getting, perhaps they're getting the impression that they made an error selling it."

"Is everyone still game for pursuing this crystal? Whatever our beliefs, it would clearly be bad for it to fall into the wrong hands. But who should it go to? I figure it should be destroyed or lost forever. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess."

"Let's focus on our actions. We'll meet Orerreth here tomorrow. Meanwhile, shall we try to tail the adventurers? Anyone any good at that?"

EDIT: Let's assume Raven got this out before this man came, though for now, let's deal with this guy.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Do you seek to keep it, or to destroy it?" Siobhan asks the psychic man, looking at him carefully for telltale hints of an agenda, weird-looking eyes, or the like. If he doesn't say he is going to destroy it, then no matter what the others say, including pretending to agree to get rid of him and prevent him from attacking, Siobhan has no intention of ever letting him have the item. She already allowed something dangerous to fall into the hands of bad people on her last adventure--it will not happen again...she will not fail the spirits again.

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

"This is the gentleman I was just mentioning, Raven, who .. spoke to us earlier." Niccolo says.

Remove ads