Battletech with D20

Khairn

First Post
So which of the few D20 Mecha systems that are out there does the best job of handling Battletech action? Has anyone seen any conversions of Battletech to D20?

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Actually,

I highly recommend Armeggedon: 2089 from Mongoose. Easy conversion to Battletech and really intelligent set of rules (once you grab the errata).

Jack.

Roudi

First Post
d20 Mecha will leave you with paper-thin mecha sporting better weapons than the average RIFTS character.

d20 Future's mecha system will leave you with impenetrable walking tanks armed with pea-shooters.

"d20 Nexus" left me with a headache. Sorry to keep ragging on you, Aussiegamer, but you really ought to clean that system up if you want it to catch on.

I'd recommend you look into any other products mentioned in this thread aside from the above three. The ones I have pointed out won't do Battletech justice (at least for the actual mechs) without significant tweaking.

Aussiegamer

First Post
Its pretty hard to do anything if no one ever bothers to comment on specifics Roudi.

At least I am out there trying for a better system :) And wierdly enough hits the mid point between the other two system you "ragged on"

And the actual construction method for a table top mini game it is pretty stable and works, so please give it a look Devyn

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Aussiegamer said:
Its pretty hard to do anything if no one ever bothers to comment on specifics Roudi.

At least I am out there trying for a better system :) And wierdly enough hits the mid point between the other two system you "ragged on"

And the actual construction method for a table top mini game it is pretty stable and works, so please give it a look Devyn

I'd been keeping an eye on the parts of your Nexus rules that you posted in that enormous thread here in this forum. But it hasn't seemed to update for a while and I'd never been able to get a working link to wherever else on the net you put the rest of the rules you didn't put up here.

EDIT: And while I'm at it I really liked your Hardened Armor and Armor Penetration system. It does a much better job of sci-fi than d20 Future. Same with the parts of spacecraft, cybernetics and powered armor rules I've seen.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Roudi said:
I'd recommend you look into any other products mentioned in this thread aside from the above three. The ones I have pointed out won't do Battletech justice (at least for the actual mechs) without significant tweaking.
Who wouldn't love to tweak with the rules these day? ;)

Aussiegamer

First Post
HeavenShallBurn comments (Dancing gleefully lol)

I never gotten any feedback except for being trashed for not writing it properly or such, no actual comments really on this seems off or such for this reason.

I have had some comments about the cybernetics along a positive line I must admit. :D

So its good to hear that you read the things I have put up in the past.

I tend to put only excepts here, no real mod controls on this site, and put it all in the rpgprojects site.

If you have some specific feedback for bit you don't like that please post it :)

I am currently working on converting nexus to a mixed hit point damage system with a wound type set up, which includes secondary damage.

Edit:
yer Roudi done anymore minor changes to the d20 future system for mechs recently?

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Aussiegamer said:
If you have some specific feedback for bit you don't like that please post it :)

In general it's a very good system IMO, the overpenetration rules for AP bleeding out into area damage may need some tweaking. The last time I checked them they were based purely on AP. Its a good mechanic but might improve from taking the overall damage of the weapon into account as well as AP.

Aussiegamer said:
working on converting nexus to a mixed hit point damage system with a wound type set up, which includes secondary damage.

building new mechanics can be time consuming I'm taking my own homebrew that had so many house rules piled on it over the years and editions it's really become it's own game and rebuilding it as a coherent OGL framework finally. It's certainly not fast.

Remove ads