Feat: Incredible Resiliency

Bront

The man with the probe
Incredible Resiliency
Some people are much more resilient to damage than others, and have trained their bodies to endure more.
Requirements: Toughness
Benefit: When determining hit points, someone with Incredible Resiliency is considered to have a CON score 2 points higher than their actual score. This bonus only applies when determining hit points.
Note: This feat can be selected as a fighter's bonus feat. This feat may only be selected once.

-------------
A usable version of Improved Toughness

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
No one has a comment?
Hmmm...the requirement for this feat is extremely odd. Why that specific requirement? The 1st-level Rogue with 16 Dex can take it because of +5 Reflex but the 1st-level Monk with +4 in all save categories can't? Or the Paladin with 12 Con and 16 Cha can't take it until level 4 when his Con + base Fort is 5 (even though he has +7 to Fort at level 2)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Hmmm...the requirement for this feat is extremely odd. Why that specific requirement? The 1st-level Rogue with 16 Dex can take it because of +5 Reflex but the 1st-level Monk with +4 in all save categories can't? Or the Paladin with 12 Con and 16 Cha can't take it until level 4 when his Con + base Fort is 5 (even though he has +7 to Fort at level 2)
I was trying to do something different. I know the default is base fort +4. I could make it base anything +4, which is better. I was trying to find a way to be creative, and not exclude any one class.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I hate to sound like a broken record, but... flavor?

Also, like I said before, I don't like messing with HP progression. They must have made Toughness so terrible for a reason. I am leaning towards no.

Bront

The man with the probe
Not every feat needs flavor. This is more a "Fix for Toughness".

I'm more worried about the requirements.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The requirements, as they are, are confusing. I think you should lean away from creativity, maybe make it Fort based or just level based. It's not a very creative feat anyway, so strange requirements isn't necessary. =P

Bront

The man with the probe
Making it Fort based puts it fairly far away from it's prefered uses (though that's potentialy a good balancing factor).

If I made it level based, 3rd or 4th level? And should it be a fighter feat?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I hate to sound like a broken record, but... flavor?

Also, like I said before, I don't like messing with HP progression. They must have made Toughness so terrible for a reason. I am leaning towards no.
They made Toughness terrible for a reason--they didn't realise how terrible it was at the time and they weren't thinking about scaling as much and only considering how useful it was to an Elf Wizard with 10 Con at level 1 (and granted, it saves your ass if you are playing an Elf Wizard with 10 Con at level 1, although Tenebrynn somehow managed to live like that, though I'll never know how--one magic missile will take you out :lol: )

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
They made Toughness terrible for a reason--they didn't realise how terrible it was at the time and they weren't thinking about scaling as much and only considering how useful it was to an Elf Wizard with 10 Con at level 1 (and granted, it saves your ass if you are playing an Elf Wizard with 10 Con at level 1, although Tenebrynn somehow managed to live like that, though I'll never know how--one magic missile will take you out)
Then why didn't they change it in 3.5? Not a high priority?

And if it's only meant for Wizards with a 10 CON, how come the Dwarven Defender has it as a feat requirement?

Bront said:
Making it Fort based puts it fairly far away from it's prefered uses (though that's potentialy a good balancing factor).

If I made it level based, 3rd or 4th level? And should it be a fighter feat?
You could make it Fort based so that Wizards could get it at L3. Then it would be equivalent to Toughness (+3hp). So...

Prerequisite: Base Fort save +1

And yes, I think it should be on the fighter bonus feat list.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases