Feat: Incredible Resiliency

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Then why didn't they change it in 3.5? Not a high priority?

And if it's only meant for Wizards with a 10 CON, how come the Dwarven Defender has it as a feat requirement?

You could make it Fort based so that Wizards could get it at L3. Then it would be equivalent to Toughness (+3hp). So...

Prerequisite: Base Fort save +1

And yes, I think it should be on the fighter bonus feat list.
I think partially because they were too lazy too come up with enough feats for high-HD monsters in the monster manual. Seriously, you can up the actual CR of a T-Rex by at last 2 by replacing all the Toughnesses with real feats.

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
They made Toughness terrible for a reason--they didn't realise how terrible it was at the time and they weren't thinking about scaling as much and only considering how useful it was to an Elf Wizard with 10 Con at level 1 (and granted, it saves your ass if you are playing an Elf Wizard with 10 Con at level 1, although Tenebrynn somehow managed to live like that, though I'll never know how--one magic missile will take you out :lol: )

Hey he has a toad you know. (he keeps it hidden and never uses it to scout and yes it was still hidden when he was wearing a loin cloth).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Hey he has a toad you know. (he keeps it hidden and never uses it to scout and yes it was still hidden when he was wearing a loin cloth).
Ah, so he did have a stealth Toughness. You know, I forgot he had a Toad...I wonder what sort of terrible things happen to a Familiar when the master to which it is bonded suffers from these sorts of afflictions :] Also, notably the familiars would have been aged by the temporal flux, though hopefully they would not then die, since I don't think they age like normal animals now anyway due to being magical beasts.

Manzanita

First Post
I like this feat. I've always been nervous about it, though, since its so clearly superior to the standard toughness feat. It sounds like no one thinks improved toughness is really overpowered.

I vote YES.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I was just not going to vote, yet, but in attempt to continue discussion and rethinking rather than get the vote out, I'll cancel that out with a NO--My vote is almost certain to change if the prereq is rethought, but the prereq is far too wonky right now for me to let this pass.

Manzanita

First Post
I had a few more comments too, actually.
1. This should be a feat on the fighter list.
2. This should meet the requirement for the dwarven defender
3. This feat should not stack (as in, it should only be able to be taken once)

I don't know about #3, but I would think you could get some pretty ridiculous HP totals at mid to high levels with stacking this feat.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Maybe if this feat passes it should replace Toughness, as everyone seems to agree that toughness is a waste of a feat. So for PrC prereqs, Incredible Resiliency would be the new requirement.

On another note, I don't really see a need for a prereq for this feat. Toughness has no prereqs, and the point of prereqs is to stop you from getting a powerful feat too early. Since this feat scales with level, it doesn't become powerful until the character is a high level.

I also definitely agree with Manzanita about stacking. This feat should not stack.

Patlin

Explorer
This is very similar in effect to Improved Toughness (CW, I think) but odder in implementation. I don't thin toughness should be replaced, as it serves admirably as a "make the character waste a feat" prerequisite. That's about all it does well for characters level 4+, but it does fill that niche.

Bront

The man with the probe
1) I agree it's a fighter feat.
2) It should NOT replace Toughness as a requirement feat.
3) The feat does not stack (should be mentioned, will be in revision)
4) It needs a better requirement.

Remove ads