Domain Wizard Variant

Velmont

First Post
I think, the submission, as it is written, is confusing. Some might think if he takes Necromancy as a prohibited school and choose Cold Domain, he will have access to Chill Touch, and another might think he cannot have access to it, even if it is a domain spell. I think we should add a note somewhere that domain spell of the prohibited school can or cannot be learn by a domain wizard.

IcyCool

First Post
Well, even if you don't make that modification, I think Velmont is right, you should at least put down a note saying that "A domain wizard is unable to cast spells from his prohibited school, even if they appear on his domain list."

NakuruSai

First Post
IcyCool said:
Well, even if you don't make that modification, I think Velmont is right, you should at least put down a note saying that "A domain wizard is unable to cast spells from his prohibited school, even if they appear on his domain list."

I think this is concurrent with the flavor of the proposal. It is important to be clear so as to not cause any grief for GMs/judges later on, imo. Right now as Orsal's final clarification of the proposal, it doesn't have any rules about a domain wizard with a prohibited school that shares spells with his domain spells, which was just overlooked.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Okay, I can see where disagreement over interpretation might arise. I don't think we really need to vote it in, but just in case, I vote YES to the clarification.

Also to Nakurusai, would you please modify the first post (or post a new reply) to fit the actual, approved proposal, including the edits proposed by Orsal and this one?

Knight Otu

First Post
While I think it would be fine to allow access to just the domain spells from the prohibited school (You might not get Necromancy as a whole, but the Chill Touch still comes "naturally"), the current clarification is cleaner. It means the domain wizard may have to use metamagic more or simply prepare a different spell in a higher slot, but that's not too problematic (unless he somehow manages to bar himself from his lowest-level spells :p).

Yes to the clarification.

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
While I think it would be fine to allow access to just the domain spells from the prohibited school (You might not get Necromancy as a whole, but the Chill Touch still comes "naturally")...

I think one thing that could be abuse if we would allow it it would be someone prohibiting Necromancy for example, but choose Nercromancy domain. Without teh clarification and RAW, it would be possible, but it makes no senses I think.

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:

This is the modification/clarification everyones discussing, right?

I vote Yes.

Remove ads