City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar's voice begins to crack with heartfelt emotion, and tears well up in his eyes.

Anguished, aghast,
With eyes downcast,
My darling frost giant’s daughter,
Said “Though you’re steadfast,
“You are outclassed.
“I will not see your slaughter.
“Take leave of me
“And turn to flee -
“But remember that we’re handfast!”​

Trouvere

Explorer
And at last he reaches the conclusion:
To keep my head,
I left unwed
My darling frost giant’s daughter.
Though I’d be dead
If I hadn’t fled,
I wish that I had fought f'r her.
My tale is told,
Let’s see your gold,
For the keep of my child half-bred!​
From nowhere, a small open money pouch has appeared in his hand. He jingles it, and you hear only a few light coins. "Of your goodness," he says.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Here...catch." Kurgahz says to Keldar as he flips a silver coin through the air toward the singer. "That's for the first song. How much will it cost me for you to NOT sing the rest of the night?" he growls before taking another drink of ale from his keg.

OOC: subtracting 1sp from my character sheet...

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I think this masterpice is not worthy of this place, nor any money. It is beyon" says th druid, making a gesture with his hand, moving it from right to left, looking at the door.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit claps loudly for Keldar, the dwarf seems to genuinely enjoy the man's performance. He laughs uproariously at Keldar's loud whisper, and at the end he tosses two gold into Keldar's pouch. Despite his dwarven tenacity, the alcohol seems to be getting to him.

Phoenix8008 said:
"That's for the first song. How much will it cost me for you to NOT sing the rest of the night?"
"Oh come on, ye boob! Let's see you get up an' sing a song like that, eh? Man's got talent, Ah say, talent!"

Trouvere

Explorer
Phoenix8008 said:
"Here...catch." Kurgahz says to Keldar as he flips a silver coin through the air toward the singer. "That's for the first song. How much will it cost me for you to NOT sing the rest of the night?" he growls before taking another drink of ale from his keg.
"Thank you, my thirsty friend," calls Keldar. "What will it cost you? Ah, a steep price! The fluttering of your heart, the upwelling of your tears, happiness and pain, joy and sorrow, the height and depth of feeling that you will not experience! But if you wish, I shall leave you to your ale." He turns back to his main audience and rolls his eyes.
Voda Vosa said:
"I think this masterpiece is not worthy of this place, nor any money. It is beyond" says the druid, making a gesture with his hand, moving it from right to left, looking at the door.
Keldar narrows his eyes. "Hmmm... It sounds to me as though you are casting aspersions - on this drinking establishment! It's a perfectly fine place, the best in Orussus." He winks. "Putting a price on genius is difficult, though, I agree."
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Rasereit claps loudly for Keldar, the dwarf seems to genuinely enjoy the man's performance. He laughs uproariously at Keldar's loud whisper, and at the end he tosses two gold into Keldar's pouch. Despite his dwarven tenacity, the alcohol seems to be getting to him.
"Most generous, most generous. You, sir, I can tell, are a true connoisseur of poetry and music. And I daresay the song spoke especially to you! I'm sure you understand the charms of a taller woman, eh?"

BigB

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Rasereit grins widely. "Ah'm not much fer movin' people wit' me stories, but Ah'll give it a go. Let's see... where should Ah start... Alrigh'."

"Phew! Ah didn't realize Ah could be so long-winded! Joe, mate, another round fer this table, if ye please!" Rasereit leans back in his chair as Joe the bartender fixes the drinks. "Any o' you got a tale to tell?"

Wow. Amazing tale my friend. Now that is adventuring. I fear we will be hearing many tales of this group. I am impressed, you have certainly made good use of Stonebenders work.

Trouvere said:
And at last he reaches the conclusion:
To keep my head,
I left unwed
My darling frost giant’s daughter.
Though I’d be dead
If I hadn’t fled,
I wish that I had fought f'r her.
My tale is told,
Let’s see your gold,
For the keep of my child half-bred!​
From nowhere, a small open money pouch has appeared in his hand. He jingles it, and you hear only a few light coins. "Of your goodness," he says.

Cepheus laughs. Two great stories today, the gods have smiled on us for sure. Although I fear the first holds more truth, you have certainly brought some cheer. Cepheus tosses a silver coin to the purse.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
BigB said:
Cepheus laughs. Two great stories today, the gods have smiled on us for sure. Although I fear the first holds more truth, you have certainly brought some cheer. Cepheus tosses a silver coin to the purse.
Keldar accepts the coin with a smile. "Then that is all I could wish for. But do you doubt my tale? Hanem ammenyiben az tortenet nije istinabog, hogyan kako mogu beszel Div-Orias jezik? There, that should prove it!" he says.
[sblock=Giant] "But if my story is not true, then how is it I speak Giant?"[/sblock][sblock=OOC]it's really babelfished Croatian crossed with Hungarian; humble apologies to anyone who actually speaks either language! I don't think you're giants.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases