City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicsFate

First Post
thegreyman said:
"I'm sorry my good man. I'm Dorrin, gambler extrodinaire, and a wandering priest of Grendath."

You too, eh? Leaving? Too bad, haven't had a good game of cards since I got back to town. Valan pulls out a deck and starts to shuffle. Anyone else up for a game?

"I am Rinya Starflower. My friends and I encountered a dragon bearing prophecy. We are waiting for some great evil to rise up so that we may kill it."

What's this? A great evil? Valan turns to look and in doing so loses a few cards. He reaches down and gathers them up, he picks up the one that landed face up. Queen of Diamonds, eh? He say quietly.

Heckler

First Post
LogicsFate said:
What's this? A great evil? Valan turns to look and in doing so loses a few cards. He reaches down and gathers them up, he picks up the one that landed face up. Queen of Diamonds, eh? He say quietly.

"The dragons are waking up. We had just killed a landshark when this great copper came out of the sky with his half-human offspring. They said some evil would soon arise, and that we should gather our forces in our places of power and wait for it. He said he was also looking for his grandson. Have you ever met a man named 'Tor?'"

Lot

First Post
Lokin gets up off his bar stool and heads over to Valen, his new banded armor making a great deal of noise as he crosses the floor.

"Valen, right? The name's Lokin Barnwill. I'm up for a game."

He pulls up a chair and eases himself into it, hanging his ornate round shield over the back.

"What do you want to play?"

Lokin looks over at Rinya.

"I used to know a guy named Tor. But unless he was a middle-aged, drunk, one-eyed blacksmith traveling with a mercenary army, I doubt he's the same guy. You do tell a strange tale, though. Dragons? Prophesies? Sounds like a children's tale/

Lokin eyes the half-elf appraisingly, checking the credibility of her story by her appearance.

orsal

LEW Judge
Joe looks up at the mention of the name Tor. "Been a guy by that name in here a few times. Big guy, carried a spiked chain. Last I saw him he was following some job to Ravensdale. Does that sound like your man?"

Heckler

First Post
"Admittedly, my tale is pretty far-fetched. I doubt I would believe it myself if I hadn't been there.

I'm afraid I didn't get a description of Tor. If I had to take a guess, I would suppose that fellow in Ravensdale sounds like him. Especially if he has any dragon's blood in him."

LogicsFate

First Post
Tor? Tor! He and I go way back. Big guy with a fancy spiked chain? All ways swinging it? Hyper paranoid? Never cracks a smile? Jumpy? Always mumbling 'bout wererats?
Realization plays across Valan’s face.
Really? I noticed the Copper dragon tattoo he was all ways flashin’ about, figure for a copper offspring ya'd be... I dunno more jolly.

"What do you want to play?"

Valan Ceth He replies to the man's first question. Valan passes over the deck. Got a preferred game? You can deal.

Lot

First Post
LogicsFate said:
He replies to the man's first question. Valan passes over the deck. Got a preferred game? You can deal.

Lokin pick the deck off the table, giving it a quick count.

"More of a dice man, myself. Don't always need a table and dice are more durable to the elements. Never played cards at all until I left the army. But...I did play this game once. I can't remember the name, exactly...."

Heckler said:
"Admittedly, my tale is pretty far-fetched. I doubt I would believe it myself if I hadn't been there."

Lokin clumsily fans the cards as looks at Rinya.

"Hmmm. I don't mean to doubt you. It's just crazy to believe something like that could happen. I probably would still be shaking if I saw a real dragon. But I guess you're more used to that kind of thing with your...um...background and all. Elven magic and the like."

LogicsFate

First Post
As Lokin talks, Valan looks through his pack. Why didn't you say so... Aha! Valan triumphantly pulls out two set of 6-Siders. Havn't even put them trough their paces yet! One set white with black pips, the other black with white pips.

Heckler

First Post
Lot said:
Lokin pick the deck off the table, giving it a quick count.

"Hmmm. I don't mean to doubt you. It's just crazy to believe something like that could happen. I probably would still be shaking if I saw a real dragon. But I guess you're more used to that kind of thing with your...um...background and all. Elven magic and the like."

"Nobody believed me when I first told the story, I don't see why you should be any different. My thinking is, when the time and the doubters are busy being eaten, I should be able to get into position easily and slay the foul beast, earning myself a dragon's hoard."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases