City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter

Mere moments after the arrival of Tommy Worthallingham, the door opens narrowly, and a pale slight human male slips sideways through it, in time to hear the younger man's introduction. A spark of interest crosses his face.
"I too am a student of the arcane arts, " he says, with a small smile, "though I did not attend the Academy. My teacher favoured spells that bring about changes in shape or property, and so do I, although creating the mere appearance of change is also-" He appears about to continue in this vein, then thinks better of it. "Anyway, my name is Conuld ," he concludes lamely.
He walks over to the bar where Joe stands and asks quietly if he might be brought bread and cheese. Then he looks around for a place to sit.

Last edited:

corcio

First Post
After the brief and confusing episode with the food and the pitcher of ale and passing out for no apparant reason, the halfling runs out the door screaming like a madman. On the way out he bumps headlong into a large rough looking human male barbarian. The barbarian gives a confused look at the apparant little assault the halfling attempted. but seeing as how he wasnt a real threat he quickly picks up the little halfling and dusts him off. with a quick smile the halfling runs out the door. turning back to the inn kermis the barbarian laughs hearitly and steps fully inside the door and waves to joe. "HI JOE....KERMIS BACK.....LONG ADVENTURE....... CRUSH BAD MONSTER...MUCH SHINY METAL....KERMIS SHARE WITH FRIENDS!" and with a grand sweeping gesture kermis litters the floor of the red dragon inn with approximatly 350 pieces of gold.
amids the cheers, kermis settles down near the bar and helps himself to a plate full of meat and some water from a pitcher. enjoying the sight of a familiar place kermis streches out and looks around the bar for a familiar face.

covaithe

Explorer
Atomerasu Worthallingham IV, human wizard

Tommy laughs, and says "A noble gesture, Master Kermis. I shall be sure to make a note of it in my journal." He picks up two coins that landed on the table within arm's reach, salutes Kermis with them, and drops them in his pouch. "It reminds me of Kolur Rockfall before the battle of Stonehelm deep. Of course, Kolur was rather messily decapitated during that battle, so I, uh, hope you have better luck!"

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld has never seen so much gold in his, admittedly rather dull, life. He draws two nearby coins towards himself with an outstretched foot, then bends beneath the table to retrieve them. He sets the coins spinning on the table in front of him, and when they stop, he pockets them, though he looks somewhat embarassed as he does so. He offers Kermis a half-wave of thanks.

covaithe

Explorer
Atomerasu Worthallingham IV, human wizard

"Hello, Conuld," Tommy says, sitting down next to the other caster. "It's always a pleasure to meet another student of the arcane. Are you here for adventure, too? Oh, I can't wait!" He bounces excitedly on the bench. "This is my first time here, have you been here before? Have you ever seen such a wonderful example of the half-timbered style as this building? It all started right here in Orussus, you know, and Rossoirt speculates that it may have been this actual building that started the half-timber craze. Benerect the Black says it's nonsense, but I always thought Benerect was never the same after his run-in with that aboleth. Besides, his objections were based on the fire in Beth Hannon, which is just silly. Everyone knows that half-timbered buildings are warded against fire. The good ones, anyway. I bet this place wouldn't burn in a meteor swarm!"

Wik

First Post
Enter Cassus Arimae, Human Aristocrat

The door swings open slowly, and a nervous-looking human wearing an expensive-looking black suit and knee-high riding boots steps into the common room. He looks around in awe, his mouth slightly agape. Suddenly, with a jerky motion, his hand jumps to the scabbarded rapier at his belt, as if suddenly realizing how dangerous some of the patrons in this common room are.

Spotting the bartender, he walks over and has a whispered conversation.

[sblock=Listen Check DC 12]
"Hi... I want to hire some adventurers."
"Then announce it. You don't need to talk to me."
"Okay, well..."
"Hold it, though. There's a fee involved."
"A fee?"
"You look like you can afford it. You want to hire men here, you pay the fee."
"But..." a sigh. "How much"
"I think two hundred will cover it."
"Fine."
[/sblock]

After dropping some coins in the bartender's palm, the young man turns to the group and, in a wavering voice, calls out "Hello. I'm looking for a few brave souls to help the Arimae family recover a stolen object of interest. There will, of course, be a reward."

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
This is going to be a fairly short adventure... I can't see it taking much longer than a month of real-time.
This is an adventure aimed towards first- and second- level adventurers, although third level souls could probably have a bit of fun, too.
Finally, this is my first PbP on LEW, so please be kind![/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OOC for Covaithe]Knowledge Local - The Arimae is a fairly minor noble house, located near the Merchant's Avenue. The family is known for it's understated dress and quiet wealth. It has made much of it's money in the exporting of Orussun spirits.

History - The Family's wealth is fairly recent - earned in the last hundred years. However, the family has always been well-off, and they have lived in the city of Orussus for at least two hundred years. They are "old blood" and are deeply tied to the city.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Hello, Conuld," Tommy says, sitting down next to the other caster. "It's always a pleasure to meet another student of the arcane. Are you here for adventure, too? Oh, I can't wait!"
"Oh, likewise" Conuld replies. "I grew tired of-"
"This is my first time here, have you been here before?"
"No, though I've passed by-"
"Have you ever seen such a wonderful example of the half-timbered style as this building? It all started right here in Orussus, you know -"

"Er, yes, I suppose-"
"- and Rossoirt speculates that it may have been this actual building that started the half-timber craze."

Conuld begins to lose the thread of the conversation in the rapid flow of words, though he finds the young mage's enthusiasm refreshing. Amongst snatches of talk of Rosserect and Hannon the Black and Rossoir the aboleth, he overhears the whispered conversation between Joe and the well-dressed newcomer. [sblock=OOC] Listen check 1d20+1=19 [/sblock] The stranger makes his open announcement, Tommy leaps to his feet, and Conuld too rises. "Do you think two mages would be too many for this job?" he says in an aside to his new friend.

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:
The stranger makes his open announcement, Tommy leaps to his feet, and Conuld too rises. "Do you think two mages would be too many for this job?" he says in an aside to his new friend.

[sblock=OOC]Probably not. This should be a fairly easy vignette.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases