City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Adventurer
"My equipment is all you can see here - at least, that I will be using in this travel, I won't have a library with me. Any horse, no matter how light, will be able to carry my person with ease."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

"If you wish for us to arrive today, I shall also need a horse. I am willing to walk, of course, but if your master has need for haste, he will need to provide us with horses."

NakuruSai

First Post
"Very well, i shall arrange for mounts immediately. Would a light horse suffice for you and any... equipment you are carrying? And the rest, who else needs a mount?"
Hm. Well, I dunna have one, but I dunno how to ride, either. I'll hang on while mine follows the others though, can't be too hard...

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

[sblock=On the Matter of the Wand]Since we were maintaining a "back in time" thread of discussion about the wand and funding it, I don't think it much breaks anything to say we bought it during that intervening week of game time. Provided, that is, others want to put in for it (I think Eanos may have just enough to get it on his own, but then he's pretty much flat broke, which I'm not especially keen on)? Since we were talking OOC about paying for it with the advance, we could use our own funds now to get it on board, then pay back characters from the advance if that's amenable?[/sblock]

Eanos shakes his head. "I grow faster by the day, but a horse still outstrips me in speed. I would need transport, as well."

OOC: Should we move to an adventure thread?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]Quarion has 77.18gp to donate. I think we should take it out of the advance funds, though. So if Eanos paid for it all right now, he'd get it all back when we got the 1000gp from Graven.[/sblock]

NakuruSai

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC: ]Quarion has 77.18gp to donate. I think we should take it out of the advance funds, though. So if Eanos paid for it all right now, he'd get it all back when we got the 1000gp from Graven.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]agreed with taking it out of advance funds.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I could make use of a horse as well, and a light one could likely carry everything necessary without slowing down...almost. I am rather light myself, and with my equipment added, all told, it should be just barely over 200 pounds. Find one that is just a smidgeon stronger than the others and we should be fine."

(OOC: In the past, doghead let us shift one of the odds and the evens on our horse so long as we didn't actually change any of the bonuses. Oh wait...you're in that adventure :eek: Shifting Str from 16 to 17 gives a Light Horse that can carry Aletheia and all her stuff)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: ok folks, i think we're about through with the pleasentries at the RDI and can move on to the adventure thread. Horses will be arranged: Light riding horses. A 1 point shift is ok, as Rystil suggested. Any shopping, including the wand, can be done in the previous week. This is also valid for any crafting. I do like to point out that i'd like to know in your first post in the adventure thread what has been done/bought in the previous week in order to prevent an endless -o, by the way, i also bought this and that- further down the line. The up-front money is -not- available right now, as Dunbar isn't that brave to carry a huge sack of gold on his back. The money is still in Lord Graven's posession.

The adventure thread is here

AGFlynn

First Post
Enter Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven fighter 1

The door to the Red Dragon slams open, revealing an extremely chunky dwarf, so broad he must turn sideways to enter. Almost square, he smiles broadly and clumps into the tavern.
AHH, THIS MUST BE THE PLACE! he bellows.
SMELLS LIKE BEER! Now, where can I find that Joe feller? That must be him behind the bar over yonder. Joe me lad, name o' Cludge Stonefist I be. I've been told you're the man to look for when one's in search of work.
Cludge stomps to the bar, picks a stool and bangs it up and down a couple of times to dislodge any dust. Which is kind of pointless, since Cludge is pretty much covered in dust himself. He shifts the broad greatsword strapped to his back and crawls up into the stool.
AH, THAT'S BETTER! Now, Joe, sir, whatcha got on tap?

Wik

First Post
Galwynn, Human Paladin 1

Shortly behind the loud dwarf enters a young human wearing brown woolen clothing over a suit of chainmail that has seen more winters than the person wearing it. The young man has a greatsword in a scabbard across his back with a bright green scarf tied around the hilt.

Running a hand through his tangled long hair, the young man looks over the room glumly, and winces at the loudness of the dwarf's voice. Looking up, he mutters quietly: "This? You sent me here? You really do have a sense of humour, do you?" and shakes his head sorrowfully.

He steps up behind the dwarf, and says softly: "Careful, there. I've heard bad things about the drinks they serve in the big cities... You may want to take it easy."

He pauses for a moment. "Wait. DId I hear that you were looking for work? It looks like we're in the same boat. Halina puts all sorts in front of me. All sorts. Care for some company?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases