City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero4hire

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"That would be an excellent plan, my friend," says Keldar from the door, with a brittle smile, "if only the Lady Rapture were to hold in high esteem thugs who threaten her companions. I shall attribute your discourtesy to a woman to the tedium of your lengthy aimless wait in this tavern, and we will accept your apologies once we return; we have paid employment to complete. Farewell."

Kol smirks as he watches the slim young rogue walk out the door.
"I might be mad if I knew what in Hades he just said...He ran real quick though, I'll give 'em that! Was like the place was on fire..." Kol snorts "As if delivering mail was true adventure!"

TwistedMindInc

First Post
A smirk twitched at the corners of Payne's lips when Lokin was caught with wandering eyes; her pools crossed in confusion when the man addressed Kol. ``Huh?`` Was the only word issued to her friends that accompanied her at the moment. ``Well. I could go and try to find us some work, but I don't quite have the appropriate people skills.``

Lot

First Post
Lokin blushes as Kol calls him on his wandering eye. He quickly looks away until Keldar chastises, forcing him to look up at the rogue with alarm.

"But I...wait...I didn't mean any..."

By then, however, the other party was gone. Lokin turned quickly on Kol, his plain face more ashamed then angry.

"Well done, my friend. Now the whole tavern thinks I'm some desperate, lecherous thug. "

Lokin sips his ale with a groan.

"Wouldn't be too far from the truth. It's pretty sad when a pretty woman can grab a guy's attention like that. I've been in the field to long. Not much time for female companionship when you're underground with bloodthirsty orcs and murderous lizardfolk. No offense, Payne. I just try not to see you like that. Because with Kol's and Zurd's little competition for your attention, I didn't want your ego to swell by adding another suitor into the mix. Plus, Kol is considerably stronger and scarier than I am."

Lokin grins at Kol and Payne good naturedly before drawing his bastard sword and pulling out his whetstone.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
``Oh I see how --`` But the rogue stops short when Lokin goes into a spiel about 'trying' not to find her attractive and doing his best not to hurt her feelings. She scowls menacingly in his direction and then shrugs, her features lightening a bit. ``Pfft. Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how hard it is to be -this- good looking? I'm beating them off with a stick, don't need you messed up in the crowd.`` Gloved hand, the one free from her now empty mug, motions to her body. ``Besides, you're too nice for my likes anyway.``

hero4hire

Explorer
TwistedMindInc said:
``Oh I see how --`` But the rogue stops short when Lokin goes into a spiel about 'trying' not to find her attractive and doing his best not to hurt her feelings. She scowls menacingly in his direction and then shrugs, her features lightening a bit. ``Pfft. Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how hard it is to be -this- good looking? I'm beating them off with a stick, don't need you messed up in the crowd.`` Gloved hand, the one free from her now empty mug, motions to her body. ``Besides, you're too nice for my likes anyway.``

"Ha! Too nice indeed! You mayhap could consider your self lucky. This one can be quite a handful." Kol finishes another drink and waves for another. How many has that been now? Kol certainly wasn't counting. "I may be needing that cleric solely on the wounds I recieve OFF the battlefield."

WarlockLord

First Post
"But you ARE a desperate, lecherous thug" says Abdul jokingly to the one named Lokin. "See, this is why I study the dark arts. It keeps my easily distracted mind off the women."

hero4hire

Explorer
WarlockLord said:
"But you ARE a desperate, lecherous thug" says Abdul jokingly to the one named Lokin. "See, this is why I study the dark arts. It keeps my easily distracted mind off the women."

Kol visibly balks at Abdul. "Call me what you will...But I would rather have a warm, soft body next to me anyday then a dusty old tome. Though I can't blame you. As an elf, your kind is already made with little to no sexual appetites. Its why the Gods gave you such long lifespans...To compensate for your lack of offspring!"
Kol attempts to drink from his now empty mug, scowls and waves for another again.
"Now my kind..We are borne creatures of passion. Though they try to rein in thier desires by creating rules and being disciplined. Though they all eventually succumb to thier true nature and the rage that lives within them."

WarlockLord

First Post
hero4hire said:
Kol visibly balks at Abdul. "Call me what you will...But I would rather have a warm, soft body next to me anyday then a dusty old tome. Though I can't blame you. As an elf, your kind is already made with little to no sexual appetites. Its why the Gods gave you such long lifespans...To compensate for your lack of offspring!"
Kol attempts to drink from his now empty mug, scowls and waves for another again.
"Now my kind..We are borne creatures of passion. Though they try to rein in thier desires by creating rules and being disciplined. Though they all eventually succumb to thier true nature and the rage that lives within them."

"That is what makes your species pathetic. You live for the sole purpose of rutting like animals. This is rather sad. Your whole life, focused around a few short moments of pleasure. And it is common to trap a human male with offers of sex, which would never work on me. This amuses me.

"As to your dislike of 'dusty old tomes', MY 'dusty old tome' has a quite useful spell called charm person. It is quite easy to use unethically for purposes such as yours. Sadly for humnaity, it requires mental control, as opposed to inner rage. This would appear to rate the tome over the body, as with a tome one can acquire all the warm bodies one needs."

hero4hire

Explorer
WarlockLord said:
"That is what makes your species pathetic. You live for the sole purpose of rutting like animals. This is rather sad. Your whole life, focused around a few short moments of pleasure. And it is common to trap a human male with offers of sex, which would never work on me. This amuses me.

"As to your dislike of 'dusty old tomes', MY 'dusty old tome' has a quite useful spell called charm person. It is quite easy to use unethically for purposes such as yours. Sadly for humnaity, it requires mental control, as opposed to inner rage. This would appear to rate the tome over the body, as with a tome one can acquire all the warm bodies one needs."

Kol bursts into a raucous belly laugh. "HAHAHAHA!!!!! Human??? What makes you think I am a human, Elfling? Perhaps you should spend more time with your books to look up a way to properly insult my kind. As for a woman...I would strip one of her clothes, her virginity and mayhaps even her dignity..But never EVER her free will. It is the free will that makes the fruit the sweetest. I have no need for such magicks as a crutch...<<snort>> Human...Bwahahaha!!! A drink for the unobservant elf!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads